STAR TREK 2d20
Page 16 of 19 First ... 61415161718 ... Last

Thread: Hacking a Theme

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    Here is the fixed extension, with all of the extraneous changes removed.
    Nice work!

I just tried it too, looks very nice. Good job. I don't know how much work it would be but is it possible to fix the "Bars" version as well?

Team effort!!

Sure! I’m off this week and I’ll give it some attention.

How's this???
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; October 6th, 2020 at 18:55.

Just tried it out again looking good but in the bars version, the tokens bar is using the standard image of the goblin from the base theme.
    Last edited by msbranin; October 18th, 2020 at 01:58.

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    ... the tokens bar is using the standard image of the goblin from the base theme.
    That's weird! Mine isn't. Let me double-check. Maybe I posted an early version.

Additional:

I didn't realize there were two definitions - 1) Token Case and 2) Assets.

You probably need to run an update of FGU, specifically, the SFRPG ruleset, because there is no TOKENS bar/button anymore. They changed it to ASSETS.

(If you are trying to use this on FG Classic. I wasn't working with FG Classic, as I don't have a license.)

In the meantime, try this one. I added an override for the button called button_tokencase.
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; October 18th, 2020 at 17:27.

I found some issues with these two themes interfering with some recent changes to the SFRPG ruleset. Now that the "cosmetic" issues are resolved, I will focus on repairing the "interference" that seems to be occurring with changes to the SFRPG rulset.

Stay Tuned!

Hey Tuleen, thank you for all the work on this extension. It is working fine for me right now. Maybe I didn't notice something because I'm focused on the changes of the ruleset, I'll keep an eye out.

The previous changes I made that overrode some things in the CoreRPG rulset and the SFRPG rulset are no longer needed. Yea! (I didn't like that I had to override rulset code.)

It turns out now, that the original Extensions published by Steve Busa may now work properly. The Asset/Token Case buttons may not be replaced, and original SF Theme Goblin buttons may still be there, and the Ship_Ct buttons not added or replaced. Someone will just have to try those (maybe I will too,) and see how they behave, but I know these work.

Now, here are the fixed/tweaked extensions, with all of the extraneous changes removed. Just changes to buttons and graphics.

Changes necessary
    • 1. Fixing of desktop_classes to "remove" original shortcutsbar definition (BMOS's suggested line --> '<windowclass name="shortcuts" join="remove" />') and removing <fastinit /> from "shortcuts" subwindow in "chat" window class.
    • 2. Addition of button_shipct.png files to graphics/icons folder.
    [*] 3. Changes made, but not necessary: I changed the name of the shortcuts window in the "chat" window class to chatshortcuts. (Oh! And, I added button_assets.pngs too! I do not prefer the original SFRPG buttons.)

It's really cool what you create. It takes a lot of effort and time. Personally like the Gobbo theme

I just fixed what was already there.

Thread Information