FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last

Thread: Hacking a Theme

Starfinder Simple Theme

This is the thread for Steve's ChatBars Theme for Starfinder.

While I do like the Paizo goblin themes for Pathfinder, it didn't quite set the right mood for me for Starfinder. Plus I wanted to simplify the interface a bit. Basically, this moves the sidebar into the chat window in an attempt to save desktop space.

Old versions of this extension included a lot of instructions for stuff that had been deprecated in the CoreRPG and SFRPG rulesets, particularly in Desktop Manager. This is an update to version 2.0 and is a bars-only version that uses opaque frames. While I kind of liked the semi-transparent frames from a glass HUD looking perspective, they did make some things hard to read, so I've done away with those. I have not updated the icon-only version. Perhaps will do that some time down the road.

Revisions
    ----------------------------------
    v 2021-03-10 Renamed to SFRPG ChatBars. Bars-only version. Removed references to deprecated DesktopManager stuff.

v 1.6 Release of Bars and Icons as separate extensions.

v1.5 Minor Tweaks

v1.4 Image Handling Improvements

v1.3 Fixed Moving Image Window to Background

v1.2 Fixed the Dice Tower

v1.1 Fixed background image tiling problem

v1.0 Initial release.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by swbuza; March 10th, 2021 at 19:27. Reason: Updating the Image

While I like the Gobbo theme, I really am liking what you are putting together.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Impressive...most impressive!
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    Playing around a bit...
    Looks very interesting.
    Have you anchored the sidebar buttons into the chatwindow?
    Have you tested on a smaller FG window size?

Updated. Playing around with opacity/transparency. I was kind of thinking I liked the idea of a starship HUD look. Also, made some new utility buttons to match the theme.

Yes, I have anchored the sidebar buttons into the chatwindow, but I'm not 100% sure I did it right, as I lack understanding of classes, panels, and anchors One thing I haven't figured out is how to make additional columns in the shortcutsanchor grow right instead of left, which is a problem if there are too many buttons. Plus, I'm not even sure that I've got control over shortcutsanchor to begin with.
    Last edited by swbuza; April 23rd, 2019 at 04:31.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    Updated. Playing around with opacity/transparency. I was kind of thinking I liked the idea of a starship HUD look. Also, made some new utility buttons to match the theme.

Yes, I have anchored the sidebar buttons into the chatwindow, but I'm not 100% sure I did it right, as I lack understanding of classes, panels, and anchors One thing I haven't figured out is how to make additional columns in the shortcutsanchor grow right instead of left, which is a problem if there are too many buttons. Plus, I'm not even sure that I've got control over shortcutsanchor to begin with.
    You can also limit the number of columns that the menu will display.
    Trenloe posted an example of this somewhere a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Trenloe posted an example of this somewhere a few weeks ago.
    Indeed I did. Find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post425865 and details discussed in the previous posts.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yep, I found this myself as well.

function onInit()

DesktopManager.showDockTitleText(false);
    DesktopManager.setStackIconSizeAndSpacing(49, 39, 1, 0);
    DesktopManager.setDockIconSizeAndSpacing(100, 31, 0, -2);
    DesktopManager.setLowerDockOffset(3, 0, 0, 0);
    DesktopManager.setMaxDockColumns(1);

end

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information