5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Changing Text Identification

Greetings,

just a rather small question. My DnD group an I are currently swapping from another PnP platfrom.
    We want to continue our campaign, and I as the DM want to prepare the FG platform.
    We are from Germany and want to finally be able to play in german.
    I already found the translations on this forum (thanks for that btw).

Everything works fine, but there is a really small problem once i try to add races and stuff.
    It seems that the Drag and Drop function of the traits only work with specific words.
    Therefore i would need to write them in english, that would make the translation useless -.-"
    I was looking through a ton of files for references and other things but i don´t really know what im searching.

Example:
    Ability Score Increase / Your ability scores each increase by 1.

Using that line would work as intended.

In German that would be
    Attributswerterhöhung / Jeder einzelne Attributswert wird um 1 Punkt erhöht.

That´s not working.

Maybe someone can tell me where i can change these things without breaking everything. (I know it´s a lot of work)

Thanks in advance

Hi Wayce, welcome to FG.

Indeed it would be a lot of work (although I am not an expert in such things).

The functionality which makes drag and drop work and which automates a lot of things is built into the ruleset. You would essentially have to go through the entire ruleset and replace all of the text strings which FG recognises and uses to handle such automation as well as then replacing the text in the code. You would need to become really familiar with how the code works.

You'd have to do this as an extension otherwise your work would get overwritten any time the ruleset gets updated.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you Zacchaeus.

I guess i just leave it as it is.

Do you know if there will be complete translations in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayce View Post
    Thank you Zacchaeus.

I guess i just leave it as it is.

Do you know if there will be complete translations in the near future?
    This comes up every so often but I don't think there are any plans for localised version at this time. Smiteworks just don't have the resources required to do something like that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I look at it this way, even WotC finds the market for most translations to be too small to justify the expense (I think they have only done Spanish, French and German?), so that FG has an even smaller market it seems reasonable (though unfortunate) that their is not enough market in any non-English market to justify the investment.

Though it would make traits etc about twice as long, could you put a translated and non-translated text? That way FG will parse the English, and your players can just read the translation?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Well, you can always have the german text, followed by the english. FG would find the english and apply the automation, and the players can read the german text. Its not ideal, but it does give you both.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information