DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Starfinder Ruleset Base

Am I right in thinking that this Starfinder ruleset is built on the CoreRPG base ruleset and does not import anything from the 3.5E/Pathfinder rulesets?

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Correct.

That said, a lot of the SFRPG ruleset code is based on the PFRPG code from a couple of versions ago. But, it is now it's own ruleset layered on top of CoreRPG only - you can see this by looking at base.xml in the SFRPG.pak ruleset file - which has recently been made available to all and no longer in the encrypted vault.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's interesting that you mentioned base.xml, because that's the file I viewed that made me assume. It might have much of the same code, but the sfrpg.pka ruleset calls only the corerpg.pak ruleset, rather than daisy-chaining through two other rulesets. That'll make it easier to figure out.

Is someone in the community actively working on a ship combat tracker?

I thinks its pretty much been stated that we wont be seeing it for a long time

Thanks, I wasn’t asking if Smiteworks was working on it. I was asking if anyone else was.

No one officially is working on the combat tracker.. They had a few but it seems everyone fell ill .. what you see now as far as the ship PC and NPC sheets are what was done by the first developer.. before he disappeared . There "may" be a few people looking at it on the side but one one has actually posted anything in the forums that they are .. so my vote is no one is doing any developing ..
    Last edited by Octavious; April 15th, 2019 at 05:36.

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    No one officially is working on the combat tracker.. They had a few but it seems everyone fell ill .. what you see now as far as the ship PC and NPC sheets are what was done by the first developer.. before he disappeared . There "may" be a few people looking at it on the side but one one has actually posted anything in the forums that they are .. so my vote is no one is doing any developing ..
    The Base SFRPG ruleset was designed from CoreRPG/3.5e. It was widdled out to be SFRPG (basically 3.5e) stacked on CoreRPG. And costomized feom there.
    As for Starship combat system, I am waiting for someone to hop in with me to finish out what we have or redesign it. I would much like to be involved in it, but dont feel my coding talent is enough to do on my own.
    So if there is anyone that want to jump on to the ship give me a shout.....
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

I sure wish I was a capable coder right now.

Outside of the code itself, is there any documentation of the overall vision of how this was going to operate?

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    The Base SFRPG ruleset was designed from CoreRPG/3.5e. It was widdled out to be SFRPG (basically 3.5e) stacked on CoreRPG. And costomized feom there.
    As for Starship combat system, I am waiting for someone to hop in with me to finish out what we have or redesign it. I would much like to be involved in it, but dont feel my coding talent is enough to do on my own.
    So if there is anyone that want to jump on to the ship give me a shout.....

I sure wish I knew lua and how everything worked.. If I could use visual C++ or visual C# via API I would be happy to help... Im pretty good at that..in fact Im very good at that.. but Im just too old to spend time learning new stuff lol..

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Thread Information