DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Cannot Connect as a Player via Mobile Wi-Fi Tether

I'm trying to join a campaign that I have been part of for some time, and I use my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot as my internet. This has not been a problem at all until just recently, when I stopped being able to join the game or to connect via the FG Updater when tethering to my phone.

As a troubleshoot test I grabbed my wife's phone and was able to connect to both using hers.

I haven't had a phone update in 2 months, so I don't think that can be the issue, I was able to connect 2 weeks ago without any trouble. Any help?

Phone: Nokia 8 on Android 9, using stock Wi-Fi tether
    Carrier: T-Mobile
    Computer is running Windows 10
    FG Version 3.3.7

Of note, when I go to portchecker.com and check 1802 it says Closed. I've installed a Port Forwarding app on the phone but have not been able to set it up to forward 1802 in any configuration that changes that outcome. I may just be doing that wrong?

Thanks!

MDM

You don't need port forwarding if you're a player.

It looks like windows is seeing your phone's WiFi tether connection different from your wife's phone. First thing to check would be if that connection is showing as public - if so, change it to private.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry, forgot to add that to the first post! Yes, I've deleted the connection, re-remembered it, and set it up as private.

Thread Information