STAR TREK 2d20

Custom Skill Question

Hello,

I've tried creating a custom set of skills for an upcoming Zombie campaign I'm going to run some friends through, I followed a couple posts on creating .ext files and replacing the normal skills with mine. I made a .ext for the skill replacement but when I load it I get the following when creating a character and checking the skill links, the .ext is loaded and my .mod file:

Capture.PNG

Here is my .ext file, maybe I just missed something stupid.

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You might try manually creating two skills and exporting them to a .mod and then load that Mod and retest?
    Hello,

I think that is what I originally did with my .mod, (I'll attach that also), I created the skills and copied the ones from 5E to modify, added a custom class and backgrounds. Do you mean adding skills to the sheet manually?

If I load my .mod and the Players Handbook the skills from the Players Handbook link, but not my copied or custom skills even with my .mod loaded too.

But I can load them from the skill button.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by crypsis; April 8th, 2019 at 23:50.

Quick post as I'm on my phone.

For the wildcard links to work the skill node names in the module need to be the name of the skill, not a numerical id-xxxxx name (which is created if you export a module from a campaign). You'll need to manually rename the nodes.

I've covered this in one of my threads on custom skills.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Quick post as I'm on my phone.

For the wildcard links to work the skill node names in the module need to be the name of the skill, not a numerical id-xxxxx name (which is created if you export a module from a campaign). You'll need to manually rename the nodes.

I've covered this in one of my threads on custom skills.
    I'll do a search for this later, I'm at work now. Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by crypsis View Post
    I'll do a search for this later, I'm at work now. Thanks for all the help.
    Here’s an example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post374785

And also some info in post #9 of that thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Here’s an example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post374785

And also some info in post #9 of that thread.
    Hello,

OK, I saved as Read Only and changed the names, it now works as links.

Thanks for all the help, I should have searched deeper and found that original post.

One last thing if I modify the .mod to add more and re-save I'm guessing I will have to repeat the steps again, just checking because I still have more to finish.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crypsis View Post
    One last thing if I modify the .mod to add more and re-save I'm guessing I will have to repeat the steps again...
    Yes.

Thread Information