STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Holy Mackerel!

LordEntrails, Lesser Deity the links on Discord will hopefully come in handy today! Got a headset and mic and look forward to meeting many of you soon. Your advice has been very helpful. Thank you again!

Sir JohnD, the Archangel. Will look into CaC; however, oddly enough, began at the behest of the school to keep some malignant youngsters engaged - so started with oWoD and 3.0. Thank you for the insight. The gaming world has absolutely exploded and exposure to new-reupped genuine text can be challenging. Very welcoming!

VenomousFiligree, an esteemed Grand Patriarch, "Our group wouldn't play without video, it very much enhances the social aspect" (FV). That is very good to hear. I was afraid of losing the visceral imaginative role play elements. Mr/Ms VenomousFiligree, is it common to have groups explore the use of video? The youtube videos show a challenge to do so.

Xemit, a Zealot. Excellent advice! Will be strange sitting on the 'other side of the table' again, as a player. Out of curiosity, Sir/Mam, in your estimation how often are the source material (re)purchased or do most people demo?

Amazing! Absolutely amazing!

And don't miss out on FG Con next weekend! Free to play, you'll get to experience Fantasy Grounds and meet a lot of people. Play any game system - there are plenty available, and most GMs will be open to people new to FG and trying new systems.

(Link to the FG Con website in my signature).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

VenomousFiligree
    Quote Originally Posted by CandidesDream View Post
    VenomousFiligree, an esteemed Grand Patriarch, "Our group wouldn't play without video, it very much enhances the social aspect" (FV). That is very good to hear. I was afraid of losing the visceral imaginative role play elements. Mr/Ms VenomousFiligree, is it common to have groups explore the use of video? The youtube videos show a challenge to do so.
    Not sure how common it is, just that we do. Not sure how all of us are set up, a know a couple use two monitors and at least one uses a desktop and a laptop.

Brilliant! Marvelous! Impressed!

Thank you all for your time and imput. Migrated over to Discord and through the intervention of the kind souls there began to find solid ground. Not as intimidating as I thought. Haha. Much obliged. Look forward to continuing to build community cohesion. Grazie mille!!
    Last edited by CandidesDream; April 7th, 2019 at 23:15.

For DMs in 5e, they will pick up all of or most of the Essentials bundle ( https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...TC5EESSENTIALS ) and maybe some of the Adventures Bundle ( https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...TC5EADVENTURES ) for whichever campaign(s) they plan to host.

Most PCs will use the Demo license.

Can't say how many or even a ratio of PCs that will still buy the content. They don't need it. But certainly some of them are also part time DMs and some like to build content, which will usually mean they need the basics.

Xemit, The Zealot! So, let me get this squared away. Similar to passionate DMs who bring truck loads to the table... *cough* ...whatever books the FG DM brings with her/him the players get to have PC access as well during that session, even with merely the Demo license? If a DM does not have a book but a player brings one the player can use it but not share it...? I ask as an' old DM who likes being prepared (though not necessarily 'top-down' playing).

Thank you Mams and Sirs for your tenacious aid! The response from this community (and FCG) has been unexpectedly overwhelming!

Correct. The DM can select from which content they own to share to the PCs in the campaign. Usually only sharing relevant PC content, of course, GM content should be kept private.

If the PC doe own additional content, the GM can choose to allow them to use it (or not), but it does not share to the other PCs.

This sharing is only within a campaign.

I started to play D&D in first edition, but swapped over to second edition, which had just come out. Did 99% of my playing on 2nd edition as a PC. After playing for about a decade, I took a break from the game until my kids got old enough to play back in 2015. Been trying my hat as a DM for the first time with fifth edition.

And, I`m a sir.

Thread Information