STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    -Will there be a "clickable" version of an NPC creator for 5e in Unity. By that I mean, instead of requiring you to write correct wording for "deals 1d6 slashing damage" you can simply click that together?
    -Can we have upcoming Q&A threads about FG in a "votable" format, so we can upvote questions we are particularly interested in?

Hi David

3 questions:

* Will a player user responsible for 4 characters be able to view their token's LoS when clicked on independently or the LoS for each tokens visibility will be always visible for that user?
    (For those of us using a player desktop for projector/tv tabletop in house games)

* Layers and FoW - how will those work?

* Will DMs be able to create a Reference Manual or at least create story entries with images and adjustable font sizes?

Thank you sir
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

1. For the Kickstarter, is this going to be a fully funded Kickstarter or is this Kickstarter needed to help implement/accelerate the release? What is the purpose of the Kickstarter if we have seen videos of the new features?

We have seen videos of FG Unity features on the current look of FG but the screenshots provided show a new look for the interface.

2. Will FGU be be an online application? We know there are issues with the FG client being 32 bit and I know some DMs are frustrated that their demo users are unable to make any changes to their character unless you have the server logged in?

Thanks

If a user currently has a full license, are you going to have a suggested tier for upgrading from full to ultimate via the KS?

Quote Originally Posted by remocarde View Post
    1. For the Kickstarter, is this going to be a fully funded Kickstarter or is this Kickstarter needed to help implement/accelerate the release? What is the purpose of the Kickstarter if we have seen videos of the new features?

We have seen videos of FG Unity features on the current look of FG but the screenshots provided show a new look for the interface.

2. Will FGU be be an online application? We know there are issues with the FG client being 32 bit and I know some DMs are frustrated that their demo users are unable to make any changes to their character unless you have the server logged in?

Thanks
    We haven't seen final versions and a successful kickstarter will be awesome advertisment

FGU is 64bit supporting by default, the screenshot suggests cloud servers may be rentable and finally I sincerely doubt it. If players want their characters to be editable outside of the server being up they really should supoort the system and purchase the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Euchale View Post
    -Can we have upcoming Q&A threads about FG in a "votable" format, so we can upvote questions we are particularly interested in?
    I would second this, I think there are going to be a lot of questions today

Also, one of the things I love about FG is that I can play on the local network, or IRL offline. Is this still going to be an option?

1. Via the kickstarter will there be an incentivised discount for purchasing/upgrading accounts as opposed to after the Kickstarter finished . I.E cheaper for us long term FG classic users to upgrade to the unity software as opposed to off the kickstarter normally X amount of time from now?

2. What are if any the new system requirements for running FGU and the recommended systems specs for running the new application?

3. Utilizing resource management and clickable links i.e for cloud games etc. Will there be a set way to sub library maps images or even ladder categorize them so they are not just in 1 massive list?

4. Odds/chances of seeing in the game chat better display recognition of links posted other than the simple red square? I.E thumbnails for images etc barring the understanding that the bandwidth usage on that can be greater.

5. I understand they had a bit of weather and water animation settings for some of the map but simple images will there be a possibility of utilizing gif format not just for images but for tokens as well?

6. Speaking of tokens will there be a way to change the shape of portraits of the player characters so as to more easily format token pictures to a square shape instead of round?

7. Wil FGU seen an update way to handle effects for things like healing over time, temporary hitpoints, healing parsered into damage based on creature type i.e undead?, and other various effects classic FG has not handled before?

8.Will the FGU opening screen be a bit more updated than we see now? the flat grey with white background is functional but it could use some personality

9. Via cloud games will they remain open so players can do things like character management/leveling?

10. Regarding new users and old going into FG , will smiteworks run any streams or videos for the new software during the testing/implementation period or is this something more likely that FG College will try and pick up?

11. Considering the pricing trial method of FG classic, will FGU adopt a similar pricing model of subscription vs outright payment?

12. Can we get a "Doug" token I can use for my enemy npcs? :P

Quote Originally Posted by gaara6666 View Post
    12. Can we get a "Doug" token I can use for my enemy npcs? :P
    And can it be animated so we can get the whole dance effect?

Blog Entries
    Spell check?
    Syntax check for effects and traits?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    * Will be possible in FGU set timers and limit them for light resources? Examples: torches, camp fire, etc...
    * Will be possible in Lobby make chat with players before starting game?
    * Will be possible manually by GM set for every player which language only his hero speaks and understand?
    Lock and prevent this way unwanted toss in/write known language by player in his sheet?

Thread Information