DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

moving an encounter into the combat tracker

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right category but I am running the Savage Worlds ruleset so I figured I would start here. I have set up a couple encounters for my game by pulling npc's into the encounters window as you do. When I hit the add to combat tracker button the npc's that show up are blank. Its the right number but none of the pertinent info like name or the associated token are listed. What am I missing. BTW, these npc's are all home brew. Is there something I am not doing right when I am making my npc's? I am running SWD on FG v3.3.7 ultimate license.

Thanks!

Have you dragged the npc tokens from the encounter to a map?
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Skellan,

I gave that a try to no avail. I also dragged a link pin to the map and nothing. Tried dragging the link up to the combat tracker. That didn't work, but I don't think it's designed that way. I can individually drag each npc from the encounter window to the combat tracker and that works great but isn't exactly streamlined. I was also under the impression that once you associated a map with an encounter that map would pop up when you opened up the encounter. That doesn't seem to work either. Is there a specific step to link a map to an encounter that I'm missing?

Ok, try these steps:

Drop your npcs into an encounter window. You can adjust the number of npcs and it should produce a row of tokens in the encounter window.
    Drag and drop those tokens to the map.
    Drag the encounter pin to the map.
    Close the encounter window - the tokens will disappear from the map.
    Open the encounter window again and this time click the down arrow on the bottom left side of the encounter window.
    It should populate your tracker now
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

I tried the steps you listed. Still added blank npcs to the combat tracker but it did add the tokens to the map. Something that might be completely unrelated, when I delete npcs from the combat tracker a console window opens and gives a bunch of errors. I have always ignored this but maybe it's related?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uetha Taylos View Post
    I tried the steps you listed. Still added blank npcs to the combat tracker but it did add the tokens to the map. Something that might be completely unrelated, when I delete npcs from the combat tracker a console window opens and gives a bunch of errors. I have always ignored this but maybe it's related?
    Please post a screenshot of your chat window when you first start FG - post multiple if required so we can see all the versions listed in Chat.

Here is a pic of the chat log. I did not previously mention that I am using an customized theme extension. I changed the desktop image, the side bar, and the decal. I don't know if that might have messed something up. I also started a 5e campaign to see if an encounter would transfer to the combat tracker under that ruleset. And, of course, it would perfectly! So let me know if you see something that looks peculiar.for forum.JPG

the error occurs when i clear npcs from the combat tracker. Here is a screen shot of it.for forum 3.JPG

I am not sure if Enhanced image layers extension can be used with SWD/SWADE, I have lost track overtime, try it without that extension.

Also run an update I have Savage Worlds 4.8 as my version for SWD
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information