DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 27 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Hey guys,

Automation is on the level that most of the damage -> armor -> health reduction automation is done. This goes for abilities / traits / mystic powers / equipment. There are still some things that aren't fixed yet, such as if you fail your roll with a mystic power such as brimstone cascade, damage should be halved. I think that kind of case and going through to find the abilities who are not yet 100% implemented is the automation left to do.

Basically the player double-clicks or drag-and-drops the roll to do vs the enemy (such as making a melee attack with a weapon, you drag the weapon's roll-to-hit button onto the enemy you want to attack). The roll automatically figures out if you hit or not. The player can then drag-and-drop the damage-roll for that weapon onto the enemy (or double click it if its the target) and the damage will be rolled / summed / check the enemy's armor / defensive capabilities etc, calculate the actual damage done and withdraw that from hps.

This also works for things such as alternative damage trait.

The npc attacking works sort of similar, altho the gm calls out who should roll their defense, which that player then does by double-clicking their defense-roll (which is automatically calculated). The GM then has to manually calculate if the attack hit or not (a simple see if a + b > 0, the roll calculates the amount of successes/failures the player does with their defense roll). Then the GM drops the damage onto the player and the players armor etc is automatically rolled, damage calculated and health withdrawn.

Automatized temporary corruption rolls are not 100% done and completed across the board but is also pretty high on the todo-list.

Garrion: I didn't know about that. I will fix this in the morning and see if I can get it patched on the development branch. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Simon

I think we are all convinced of the need for documentation - how the ruleset works and all the features, finding out the things by trial and error is no longer 2019 thing. I am following this thread and the trello closely!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I think we are all convinced of the need for documentation - how the ruleset works and all the features, finding out the things by trial and error is no longer 2019 thing. I am following this thread and the trello closely!
    I agree wholeheartly! I'm waiting for the wiki access and as soon as that happens the documentation will show up there. Once it's fairly stable I'll see how I can convert it into the ruleset and see if I can fix a script or something for it.

Cheers,
    Simon

Hey guys,

I've found the discreet bug and fixed it locally, but until I have it patched for you there's a temporary walkaround you can do in order to get it working anyway.

If save and quit the client, then find your campaigns-folder for FG, go into your symbaroum campaign - whatever you named it and edit your db.xml.

Find the <charsheet> tag and then within that go through your <id-00001> etc tags and find the <attributes> tag inside those. Within the <attributes> tag there should be a <discreet> tag that has 1 subtag, <bonus type="number">0</bonus>, Add two lines between the <discreet> and the <bonus type="number">0</bonus> tag:
    <base type="number">10</base>
    <score type="number">10</score>

Save the file, start up fantasy grounds and load your campaign. Hopefully that should solve it locally for your characters.

I've contacted FG and asked for an extra patch to see if that can be applied.

Cheers,
    Simon

Hello,

Unfortunately it seems like the development branch was never updated on Tuesday even though we pushed the changes to SW, however that has now been resolved and the latest build can now be found on the test branch which also includes the fix for the "discreet" bug!

Hope that helps!
    Simon

Hi, I bought the ruleset but I see some important bug or I do not know how to do it. I can not drag the damage of the weapon npc to the player to make his armor roll. In addition, the player's card is cut off from the top side.Likewise when a player does the damage to the npc, I do not see his life down
    Last edited by vyruxx; April 14th, 2019 at 23:11.

Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    Hi, I bought the ruleset but I see some important bug or I do not know how to do it. I can not drag the damage of the weapon npc to the player to make his armor roll. In addition, the player's card is cut off from the top side.Likewise when a player does the damage to the npc, I do not see his life down
    Hi!

The npc weapon damage is used by targetting the player and double-clicking it. I'll see if I can get the drag-and-drop functionality in too.

I'm not sure what you mean by the player's card, could you please provide a screenshot? Maybe it appears cut-off but it's meant to be that way?

If you use the test or development branch then the health reduction of an npc should be fixed. You do this by going on settings in the fantasy grounds starter, and then selecting the test or development Mode under "Updates".

Hope that helps,
    Simon

perfect, waiting for the arrangements. It will be Tuesday, will not it? Let's see if I play this Friday with the ruleset. Thank you.

I submit a new build pretty much every tuesday and then hopefully SmiteWorks updates the build accordingly. They haven't always updated it so far so it's a little bit up to them. I'm on the same level when it comes to the user manual as well, I'm awaiting to get a login to the wiki so I can add the user manual there.

Anyway, I understand that it is a deliberate decision, but the card looks weird with the high edge so close to the top. Thanks for your work, and if you allow me one last doubt, I'll throw it. The ruleset will be updated by you or is there some kind of contractual agreement for x time?

Thread Information