DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 27 of 27 First ... 17252627
    Hi! Another one, sorry

There is a way to see a lifebar near the tokens?

Is the development on Symbaroum dead? Is it worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Plaindog View Post
    Is the development on Symbaroum dead? Is it worth buying?
    Assuming you mean the FG module ... I believe that Free League said the Fantasy Ground implementation needed some work based on fan feedback and that they were going to poke the developer (Simpe). However, judging by there not being much activity on the forums, I think it is currently "dormant".

I moved my Symbaroum game to Foundry VTT and even made some videos showing it in action - my YT channel has the same name (Raldanash). IMHO, that implementation is preferable and was even when I had to manually enter all the reference information etc. myself (before the official modules were available).

Hey guys,

Yes we have started work on recoding some of the parts of the ruleset but we ran into problems with getting the automation working. Unfortunately there are a lot of things in symbaroum that makes any type of automation really hard when it comes to abilities, mystical powers, artifacts and all of that. We're currently working on another ruleset and we're trying something out there that we might be able to adapt into symbaroum, hopefully.

I apologize that the Symbaroum module hasn't been getting the love that I think that it deserves. Also during the summer I've switched jobs as well as building a house so time to spend with these things has unfortunately been very low.

Hopefully we can complete the other ruleset during September and then go back to trying to finish the improved Symbaroum ruleset.

Thanks,
    Simon

Coming up to nearly a year since this last post - have there been any updates since? Or is this really truly dead now in favour of the Foundry version?
    Game Streams - twitch.tv/rodney418
    Ultimate License
    - All you need to play in my games is Fantasy Grounds Demo

Favourite Rulesets: Savage Worlds
    Currently Running: Pirates of the Spanish Main, Interface Zero, Primeval Thule
    Time Zone: PST

Hi Rodney,

We are not involved with the foundry version at all. We haven't really been able to come up with a way on how to solve the way that symbaroum behaves in a way that leads to a good user experience. Symbaroum is sort of a role playing game where all the "cool stuff" is exceptions. It's rarely better rolls, but instead it allows you to do interrupts and sometimes things in new ways that are not done any other way in the entire ruleset (in particular some artifacts come to mind, but also for example Acrobatics III, Bodyguard tree, Man-at-arms III (ignore the ignore of armor), as well as some of the spells).

On top of that, I'm still building a house and we're trying to finish another ruleset (which we still haven't completed). I've been the victim of fraud during the last year and now also it turns out that my electrician didn't install things the proper way in the house according to Swedish law so I'm looking at taking him to court which will unfortunately take quite a lot of my spare time. On top of this I'm trying to get a startup company to succeed in a time where the economy isn't really helpful. So for the last 8-10 months I haven't had the time to do any hobby work outside of the ones mentioned, at all.

I'm sorry that there is no progress on Symbaroum and unfortunately I don't think there will be during the rest of the year given how things are looking. Smaller bugs or similar things is probably something we can get some time to add, but the recode seems far away at this point. We've already poured hundreds of hours into the ruleset (it was my first, for good and for bad) in order to get it to the state it's in. It's no small task to re-do the skill/spell/artifact system to work for all the quirks that Symbaroum includes.

All the best,
    Simon

I'm surprised that there hasn't at least been an effort to add in the stuff from the Advanced Players Guide, like the way Foundry does it (both books included in the Core Ruleset). That wouldn't require any extra coding, it's basically just extra data input.

As it stands, the fact that this ruleset is still being sold at $25 when the Foundry version includes the APG, automation etc. and costs only 2/3 of the price means that realistically it's off to Foundry I go.
    Game Streams - twitch.tv/rodney418
    Ultimate License
    - All you need to play in my games is Fantasy Grounds Demo

Favourite Rulesets: Savage Worlds
    Currently Running: Pirates of the Spanish Main, Interface Zero, Primeval Thule
    Time Zone: PST

It seems that our understanding of this matter doesn't align.

Thread Information