FG Spreadshirt Swag

A little help with melee weapons

For some reason I haven't been able to figure out yet SWADE keeps adjusting damage dice types for melee weapons down to the strength die type even for weapons with no minimal strength like the laser sword. I have experimented with different die type strengths to check this and it will lower the damage and raise it back to what it is supposed to be but not above, based on the current strength trait. Please help.
    Last edited by Blackwolf; April 2nd, 2019 at 17:13.

laser sword fro sci-fi companion has a minimum Str of d4. When I tested it with a character with Str d8 it worked properly - and when I lowered his Str to d4 and back to d6 and d8 - in each case it worked properly. Not sure why this is not working for you, do you have the players and GM versions of the SWADE modules loaded?
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

I cannot remember the exact function right now (away from FG so cannot test), but Str!+d6, I seem to recall was Str one die type higher +d6, I think the other option was Str?+d6 (which I think was regardless of strength the extra damage is always d6.

Have a play I think this is the right way around.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

yes I have both GM and players modules loaded. I have Interface zero and the Sci Fi companion Loaded too. Also as a Note the bang stick weapon Modern melee Has a listed minim str. of 6 but is not effected by this quirk and will always show 3d6 damage?

Not having minimal strength to wield a melee weapon in SW does not change the rule that when you have str+d4 and pick a Str+d10 weapon (without a minimal strength requirement not that I can think of one) you will still only do 2d4 damage as per the rules.

If a weapon should not be modified down by the strength die, then use Str?+d10 to cause 1d4+1d10 damage when rolled.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks all good help and advice on how to get around what's going on.
    But does any one have any idea why it is lowering the damage for weapons that a character meets the minimum strength requirement to the strength stat such as the Miyamoto K-Tana a STR+d8 +2 Weapon Minimum Str d6 sword (This is a folded titanium-tungsten alloy, katana with monofilament edge.) AP4.

Thanks for bringing this up. I found that there was a bug regarding minimum strength calculation. Now it is fixed and update will be available in next regular update cycle.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Ok thanks I really wasn't looking forward to having to modify ever melee weapon used.

Thread Information