5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

new fg dm here homebrew campaign

hey everyone who decides to read this,

So im a long time table top player/dm. Recently some friends and myself have attempted to play via voip. we are currently using dndbeyond for our character sheets and rolling the main issue we are having is pretty much based around maps in open world and combat.

My question is: are there preloaded maps or do i just collect them from online and add them to the client? Im feeling like this client is more geared to playing with their premade campaigns over homebrew content. Is this a fair assessment?

Also has anyone used roll20? Will it fit my needs more than this program?

Any suggestions or critiques are welcome.

Thank You

Blog Entries
    I run both prepared and homebrew games regularly. IMO one of the things FG does really well is the creation and control of homebrew content. Much better than the few struggles I've had trying to input homebrew into Roll20.

Note that the FG user interface and approach to data management is very different than Roll20's. Don't expect the 2 programs to behave the the same way, even though they are both VTT's.

FG comes with a map module (the FG Battle Map module) as well as you can find numerous maps on the forums here. Importing your own is vey easy.

Check out some of the videos, the manual, and free classes at www.fantasygroundscollege.net.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

My campaign is homebrew, but I don't do a whole lot of homebrewing in terms of spells, races etc. If you do that, then FGU will absolutely work for you, but it will just take some effort to enter it manually.

My personal experience was that FGU was far easier/ better than Roll20 in every possible way, for what I wanted to achieve. I use loads of maps and they do take time to add lighting, line-of-sight etc, if you want it, but I basically get them for free online or from patreon creators.

Thread Information