DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 91 of 132 First ... 41818990919293101 ... Last
    Thank you for repling LordEntrails, my LOS question is refering to windows on buildings. I've seen the KickStart videos and did not notice the LOS effects working through windows. Examples would be; a group of PC's are in a room with a window, will LOS allow them to see the beasty outside coming for them, except the Gnome who stands shorter than the windows height off the floor? Or a PC is searching a belltower in Ravenloft and a shadow passes by out side a staindglass window? Which could cause an immediate fear check. Mind you, I have not had time to experiment with FGC as I just bought it a few weeks before my HD boot sector went belly up.

To me, this seems to bring up an infinite number of variables. How far away is the gnome from the desk (and how tall is it), that partially blocks the window. What if he is crouching versus standing? What if the guy he is looking for is in a depression, and is crouching?

We could do this all day.

There comes a time when a DM has to do his job, and make decisions. The capability that the videos showcase is wonderful as it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darce View Post
    Thank you for repling LordEntrails, my LOS question is refering to windows on buildings. I've seen the KickStart videos and did not notice the LOS effects working through windows. Examples would be; a group of PC's are in a room with a window, will LOS allow them to see the beasty outside coming for them, except the Gnome who stands shorter than the windows height off the floor? Or a PC is searching a belltower in Ravenloft and a shadow passes by out side a staindglass window? Which could cause an immediate fear check. Mind you, I have not had time to experiment with FGC as I just bought it a few weeks before my HD boot sector went belly up.
    Height of obstacles has been discussed, and its not something on the road map. Way too many variables. But, I would handle a window like a door is handled in teh videos, just open it when you want to allow sight through the window. Then you can see through it. The blockers don't control movement anyway, so you have to use the visuals of the map to control where you can move anyway.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darce View Post
    I believe the most recent video about LOS has a section where he talks about characters looking through an arrow slit (basically a window) and that the easiest way they could do it is make it a manual option to either allow or block vision through it. So if the window is higher they can see it’s a window but not beyond but if they climb up to it then the DM can allow their vision to see through it.

All the things shown in the Kickstarter are already great. One thing I really want as dualscreen user is the ability to have more control over the "image as background" function.
    Like the option to snap the map to the left side and define how big the map is in the background.
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Post #746

Looking pretty good with 14 days

KS close out including last day flurry guess - 6,325 backers at $380k - hope I am on the low side
    Last edited by Lexfire; May 17th, 2019 at 15:35.
    Currently GMing:
    * The Haunted Highlands - Castles & Crusades

The kicktrack projection give a low at 390 000 and high at 499 000. With the boost of the D&D live "The Descent" starting today i think they can break the 500 000 $ wall (and therefore hire somebody to strengthen the developper team ? ).

Missed the rookie ultimate upgrade price by a few days lol. No regrets though, would of payed double for the use I've had out of FG so far. Keep up the good work.

I just did the Rookie Upgrade - Ultimate to bring the total to $317,862 and 5,549 backers.

Ahem or ahem, 25% off
    Last edited by Nylanfs; May 17th, 2019 at 23:47.

Thread Information