FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 67 of 132 First ... 1757656667686977117 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    I'd like a way to export the maps we build in FGU as displayed (but without effects or LoS/FoW) as a jpg or png. Then we could print/save as we wish. A screen grab wouldn't be good enough because there would be a noticeable drop in quality. Exporting to jpg/png is a common feature in other map-building tools and probably would not represent a huge development investment.
    We'll have to wait for a definitive answer from John or Carl, but the way I look at it is that they are not going to develop a proprietary image format for the base image. Hence when we export to a module, their will be some type of image file included in the module. And therefore we should be able to access the image. Of course, it's possible it might not be some sort of jpg/gif/png file and something more unusual via a Unity package that is vector or component based, but I doubt it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    I'd like a way to export the maps we build in FGU as displayed (but without effects or LoS/FoW) as a jpg or png. Then we could print/save as we wish. A screen grab wouldn't be good enough because there would be a noticeable drop in quality. Exporting to jpg/png is a common feature in other map-building tools and probably would not represent a huge development investment.
    Doug mentioned that there could be issues exporting directly to an image file, for those custom images based on a copyright protected base image (e.g. from a commercial module). He did mention they would think about it, but if they do it at all, there could well be limitations on exactly what you can export to an image file format.

Also - keep in mind that most base images and map assets in FG are sized for displaying on screen - so the quality level of a screen grab would be all you'd get with an export anyway.

That said, it would definitely be a nice feature to allow your custom maps to be exported to a common graphics format.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Doug mentioned that there could be issues exporting directly to an image file, for those custom images based on a copyright protected base image (e.g. from a commercial module). He did mention they would think about it, but if they do it at all, there could well be limitations on exactly what you can export to an image file format.

Also - keep in mind that most base images and map assets in FG are sized for displaying on screen - so the quality level of a screen grab would be all you'd get with an export anyway.

That said, it would definitely be a nice feature to allow your custom maps to be exported to a common graphics format.
    As far as it works for maps you create on your own it will be perfect. I just don't want to work twice to generate a custom map for online and table. If I put effort on it then it should allow me to export it to print at home too. It would make sense to spend hours learning a new maptool just for it.

Or, better yet, CC3+

(Sorry, I couldn't help breaking Wheaton's Law on this one).

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Then don't use FG, use CC3.
    I did try CC3 and it is way too complex for me... hope this one inside FG is a lot easier to the user.

Blog Entries
    I just added a new video to the Kickstarter page that shows some of the new grid options - color, visibility, grid type. It's short.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I just added a new video to the Kickstarter page that shows some of the new grid options - color, visibility, grid type. It's short.
    Very nice Yea FGU!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    OH my God! Thanks! This has been my most requested feature, playing with invisible grid and snapping off, so I can retain distance measures and play as if it were a war game like mage knight or Warhammer

This looks great everyone! Glad to see so much Kickstartersuccess already!

I've had FG since 2006! I didn't realize it had been that long, but I pulled out my CD's and it was GenCon 2006. It's funny, if I remember right they were burning the CD's there in the booth, and then just printing out sleeves on their color printer (again, right there in the booth). What a long way things have come!

Thread Information