DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 61 of 132 First ... 1151596061626371111 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by revanmaster View Post
    My question would be that there supposed to be access to alpha for newcomers pack? In the sense that it said something about it in the main OP, but it's not one of its bullet points. Is it true that the ultimate would then be needed to gain access to both for even a veteran, and such?
    Alpha is only available to hackers at the top 2 tiers. Beta will be available to all backers at some point before December. Initially only for backers, but then at some point for demo users for FGU Ultimate backers.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Alpha is only available to hackers at the top 2 tiers. Beta will be available to all backers at some point before December. Initially only for backers, but then at some point for demo users for FGU Ultimate backers.
    Hackers?

Edit: Count me in!

Only if they're really good hackers.

JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Only if they're really good hackers.

JPG
    Are top tier hackers good enough?

I can just imagine a bunch of NSA folks sitting around laughing at us poor sods who had to wait for the KS!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Not to complain too much, but I'm kinda disappointed the upgrade difference between me, who bought FG in may 2017 for $39, and someone buying it fresh is only $6.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhym View Post
    Not to complain too much, but I'm kinda disappointed the upgrade difference between me, who bought FG in may 2017 for $39, and someone buying it fresh is only $6.
    You've had FG for 2ish years. Presumably you've received value from having it.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rhym View Post
    I mean I could complain to because I bought it back then but the way I look at it is that I have been enjoying the product more then someone who would have bought it say yesterday. In all honesty I feel like the people who have had it for a long time should step up and support Smiteworks more then your new person because they have yet to see what the potential of this VTT can do. I donated more then what was required, not to pat myself on the back, but because I see the potential for what can be accomplished now that we are moving to a 64 bit program

I honestly fail to see the logic in this approach. It's like saying people who've been loyal for longer are worth less to you than those who just rocked up. Generally, if you want to retain respect of loyal users who've been with the community for a long time, making them pay more than someone who just walked in to buy a little while ago is a pretty daft way to go about it. For Ultimate users, the difference is quite literally double the price for a longer user, and half that for the newer one. I'd love to know the reasoning behind this, and the excuse above about having had more value from FGC is a bit of a cop out, don't you think?
    “The line between the Light and the Darkness is not always so thin, for Good can come of wrong just as Evil may show from right. But sometimes...the Ends justify the Means”.

I don't get people sometimes. Congratulations on a successful KS!

Quote Originally Posted by Teknykk View Post
    I honestly fail to see the logic in this approach. It's like saying people who've been loyal for longer are worth less to you than those who just rocked up. Generally, if you want to retain respect of loyal users who've been with the community for a long time, making them pay more than someone who just walked in to buy a little while ago is a pretty daft way to go about it. For Ultimate users, the difference is quite literally double the price for a longer user, and half that for the newer one. I'd love to know the reasoning behind this, and the excuse above about having had more value from FGC is a bit of a cop out, don't you think?
    No, it isn’t. Long time users have had years of absolutely free updates. New users have not.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information