DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 49 of 132 First ... 3947484950515999 ... Last
    "We will send out the demo license links to backers when we launch the Alpha and Beta versions and those can be shared with players for your game."

sweet :-)

Looks great! Can't wait to throw some money at you
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    "We will send out the demo license links to backers when we launch the Alpha and Beta versions and those can be shared with players for your game."

sweet :-)
    Oops, I might want to change that then prior to launch. We had some internal discussion around that and we were leaning towards maybe releasing just to backers at first to play around with before they start adding players. Doing that might allow us to get it into hands of some backers sooner than if we have to wait until we also feel confident about all the networking stuff working the way we want.

I reworded that part to this:
    Initial copies will go out to backers only, but we will try to send out the demo license links to backers at some point prior to launch so those can be shared with players for your game.
    Last edited by ddavison; May 1st, 2019 at 16:14.

I really hope you don't reconsider that. Knowing my players, they are not the kind that kickstart and if I can't test it with them, then there's little point in it really.

Edit: Beyond supporting Smiteworks. Which I will. Just hope to get to tinker with it, before full release.
    Last edited by viresanimi; May 1st, 2019 at 16:20.

Blog Entries
    The big thing is that we need to ramp it up steadily to ensure that our facilitator server scales appropriately. That means we need to bring up the numbers of users steadily. There is also a lot to test with the new functionality before you are going to want people to hop into the game as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I really hope you don't reconsider that. Knowing my players, they are not the kind that kickstart and if I can't test it with them, then there's little point in it really.
    The primary reason for you to back the KS is you get a substantial discount on your license during the KS - one that you are not likely to get after the KS...
    The beta is not the primary reason for most people to back it...
    There is no dates for beta release.

Are we going to have FGU test games set up somewhere? Like in it's own forum?

I was reading over the KS promo page and it still doesn't make clear how exactly we upgrade multiple licenses. I have 1 veteran and 2 rookie standard licenses which makes it even more complicated. It doesn't really show a clear path for upgrading more than one of them. You might want to add that into the page or add it to the FAQ because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person with more than 1 license.

Hmmm, shame to see that alpha is only at $1000 and higher pledges.

Oh well, will swing for the CoC addon regardless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The primary reason for you to back the KS is you get a substantial discount on your license during the KS - one that you are not likely to get after the KS...
    The beta is not the primary reason for most people to back it...
    There is no dates for beta release.
    Well, for some people the beta access will be a driving reason and for others it will be the discount. We will try to accommodate people as early as we possibly can. I decided to make a quick change to the description that was there, however, because we haven't 100% locked in what we are going to do there and when. We want everyone's first experience with the new version to be as positive as possible.

Thread Information