5E Character Create Playlist
Page 20 of 132 First ... 1018192021223070120 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    I keep seeing this - mostly because 'map/tokens/combat tracker' interaction. That's fine - keep them modal - let us open story entries or images in windows that can undock - make it a special menu option and 'floating' windows can't interact with the main info - that'd be ok too - just having that capability would allow me to manage my information and if I needed to interact with the info I could close and reopen in the 'captive' FG window.

I mean I'm not saying that even this is 100% possible but if you stop thinking *everything has to interact* it opens more possibilities
    I dont think any of that has been mentioned.
    The unity library support for multi monitors is not solid enough cross platform.
    They dont want to support multiple versions of the app with different features for different platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    I know the feeling, FG needs better screen management than just "buy a big 4k+ screen", I couldn't imagine using it on a 1080p screen, 1440p is just enough for DMing imo.
    I've never seen a problem with multiple monitors, myself. I have two monitors, of different native resolutions. See the link. Works well enough for me.

https://gfycat.com/ActiveImmenseBuffalo

Quote Originally Posted by stewartl42 View Post
    I've never seen a problem with multiple monitors, myself. I have two monitors, of different native resolutions. See the link. Works well enough for me.

https://gfycat.com/ActiveImmenseBuffalo
    The issue is more that the sidebar ends up all the way over on the right rather than on each screen. It makes navigation slow and clunky with high resolution monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Nah, too clunky. I prefer my setup which is similar except done with just three megascreens in same configuration.

OK ... not really ... sniff

However, I’d seriously prefer two stacked 38” Ultrasharps than even 4 27”s ANY time. At home I have a pair of Dell 27” Ultrashrps and my work 38ultrasharp blows it away in immersiveness/utility (for me)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I dont think any of that has been mentioned.
    The unity library support for multi monitors is not solid enough cross platform.
    They dont want to support multiple versions of the app with different features for different platforms.
    Actually it has been stated that the reason everything is 'bound' into the main window is due to token/combat tracker interaction and deep legacy code that would need to be re-written to handle (well ... the windows handles really). This is the same reason (IIRC) that we can't have tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    Full FG functionality on mobile would be a real stretch (pun intended). But having something like "character management" from mobile would be quite amazing because players who are on the move could still at least look up their character sheet while connected to discord via mobile and participate in the game a bit better than they could before.

Full FG mobile functionality is probably a pipe-dream. BUT, if you could have a player connect via a "mobile portal" and they could access only very specific things, like shared images (maps) and their character sheet, that would literally be enough for remote play. Maybe they couldn't do the rolling themselves or more their tokens, etc. But they could tell the DM what they wanted to do, and they could see the map. That would be excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    This, I own everything physically, everything on FG and the legendary bundle on D&D beyond.

But I end up doing most of my reading / prep work on a certain tools website because fans put together a better digital resource than people who were paid to (directed at curse and D&D beyond, not fg... btw character gen is faster on fg as well).

Having FG reference documents or story links and the like available on my tablet would be awesome. Especially in play.
    (I like to get up and move around if I am restless)
    Yeah. That's what I meant by similar to another service. I'm not looking for a full blown mobile version (would be amazing but not enough real estate on a phone for FG) but it would be great to be able to access the modules as a reference manual. Open the PHB when I'm sitting at a table IRL complete with search feature. Create a new PC using XGE from my phone. Bust out the Ipad and be able to read through the Rise of Tiamat while out and about before going home to run it for players.

All of the modules already have a reference manual built into the library that opens up a searchable version of the book that is pretty much scans of the real thing. Like @lostsanityreturned mentioned, an app to do the same thing would be amazing especially since there are many people who just refuse to continue to purchase the same thing 3 times (Physical, FG and D&DB). I own most of the books IRL, complete bundle through FG and refuse to buy the mobile versions. Besides, as was mentioned. D&DB is really clunky. Definitely not my first choice for PC creation. Any time I'm building a pc it's FG and would be great to have this at my fingertips when I'm bored at work.

Quote Originally Posted by ssj4megaman View Post
    WISHLIST:
    The biggest thing I need from FGUnity is MULTI MONITOR SUPPORT. This should be out of the box. We need screen real estate for all the information we use and it would make our lives infinitely easier.

Next wish based on multimonitor, would be the ability to run a map client that the GM can control. I like to use FG as my game map on my tv for my players to interact with but it gets cumbersome to control it.

We do it using a second computer as a client outputting to the HDTV for the players and a touch screen monitor duplicating it's image for the DM. Then the DM moves the player characters as he's instructed by the players using the touch screen. As well he has a computer for the DM game server with another monitor. So yeah, it can get a bit cumbersome at times but it works for the most part. A nice thing is the DM doesn't lose track of what's going on with the map when he minimizes it on the main computer to free up space. For our game having the ability for players to move using a tablet or smartphone would round out the package perfectly. Then the DM would just have to monitor the moves instead of actually make them for the players. But still, better multi-monitor support would be welcome as well even if it was just being able to drag the map image in a separate window to a different monitor.

In case you missed the Fantasy Grounds Fridays stream today...
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/406523239

Thread Information