FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 132 First ... 311121314152363113 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I'm not familiar with DisplayLink at all. Sorry.
    A cheap way to run displays through USB (we used them at my work, to the tune of about 200 of them installed at one time...now we are telling folks to get rid of them as we upgrade to Win 10....just using display port these days...which is superior for just connecting 2 monitors to a system...or even 3).

Personally I'd never even consider using them for my home system....but like they say "to each their own".

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    A cheap way to run displays through USB (we used them at my work, to the tune of about 200 of them installed at one time...now we are telling folks to get rid of them as we upgrade to Win 10....just using display port these days...which is superior for just connecting 2 monitors to a system...or even 3).

Personally I'd never even consider using them for my home system....but like they say "to each their own".
    Doesn't that need specific monitors to do that and you essentially daisychain them

Anyhow, my main goal is to make the devs aware that such things exist and that's been achieved I have a four monitor/two dock setup on my desk, they're not uniform, and I don't have the cash to just replace the whole thing and I suspect that most on here are in the same boat with their setup. Yes, I am VERY aware that a company can't test everything. I am ALSO aware that steps can be taken in their work to dig into various best practices docs to give their existing customers to give the best chance.

We'll see what happens.
    Last edited by bigdruid; April 3rd, 2019 at 00:26.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdruid View Post
    Doesn't that need specific monitors to do that and you essentially daisychain them?
    Nope. I've run 2 external plus the laptop built in on my laptop.
    But, it depends on the laptop/computer. Mine has a nVidia card and a HDMI and mini-display port. So I hooked a second monitor to the min-display and used to connect a LCD projector to the HDMI. Could have run them independently, but in that setup , the second monitor and projector were mirrored and the laptop display was stand alone. Used that when I used to teach classes.

You can even use USB ports to run displays, but then you need a driver for that (like DisplayLink or another).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Yes, you will still be able to work offline.
    Woot woot~

I'm assuming KS contribution levels will have things like 1) discount coupon for upgrade 2) inclusion in BETA testing 3) possibly additional themes or other cosmetic add-ons that will later be sold as DLC ...

But, does anyone have any ideas what they'll have for Stretch Goals?

Additional built in rulesets? Built-in support for some of the more popular extensions (DOE/Sound/blood splatter/Wildshape/etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by lochost View Post
    SmiteWorks, I beg you on my knees : PLEEEEAASE give us a good documentation. The actual one is so old. I'm ready to pay a supplement for a good SDK for rulesets, modules, etc.
    This would make a great kickstarter in itself, would be nice to have a specific amount of funding dedicated to documentation.

I'll be kicking in, simply by virtue of the fact SW seek to support backwards compatibility.

I'll be feverishly pressing refresh of the KS page hoping to discover my pet VTT want* appears as a stretch goal... (it wont )

* An Augmented Reality dice recognition app for phones that can relay your real-world dice tray results to FG via the phone camera. I know noone else wants this, but it has always been my dream.
    Last edited by Thete; April 3rd, 2019 at 01:39.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Where did you buy your Shenanigans shirt and do they come in 4XL?
    Once you get it on it magically becomes whatever size you are...
    note: it will not shrink once it has been sized to a larger wearer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lochost View Post
    SmiteWorks, I beg you on my knees : PLEEEEAASE give us a good documentation. The actual one is so old. I'm ready to pay a supplement for a good SDK for rulesets, modules, etc.
    Documentation and Documentation for Rulesets/SDK are totally different things.
    The # of users who do dev work is just too small for robust documentation and examples etc to be worthwhile use of finite time resources...

The dev side is not that hard, the functions are documented, but there is no current step by step guide on how to build something.
    I have a shortish video series that walks thru my processes in doing dev work...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    I can actually only think of a few things. None of these are based on solid facts...
    - vanity/custom game aliases i.e. "Enter Peons And Die" or "Your Entrails My Boots"
    - art assets like maps with weather and dynamic line of sight pre-configured
    - Game Statistics linked to a campaign that you can upload your chat log to to update

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post

Additional built in rulesets?
    I cannot imagine that being a "stretch goal". These days people like to have stretch goals that don't delay things. A new ruleset would absolutely do that.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information