Starfinder Playlist
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Is there any word if during the Beta, Ultimate License users are going to be able to test the program with demo users? I'd imagine that's a bit much, given demo users weren't part of the Kickstarter. I'd just like to be able to test the program in a game setting proper myself.
    If we can't test it this way, I'm not sure what the point of the Beta is ... I'd guess that somewhere around 75 to 80% of license holders are Ultimate owners who play primarily with Demo users ... if it's a real Beta, you gotta be able to actually use it.

I'll be really surprised if it's a useless Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    If we can't test it this way, I'm not sure what the point of the Beta is ... I'd guess that somewhere around 75 to 80% of license holders are Ultimate owners who play primarily with Demo users ... if it's a real Beta, you gotta be able to actually use it.

I'll be really surprised if it's a useless Beta.
    AFAIK, Alpha Ultimate users aren't able to do a Demo User test. I don't want to presume it will be one way or another during the Beta.

Blog Entries
    Eventually, probably. But expect initial Beta release to only be open to Beta pledges.

I imagine with 8000 of us, it won't be hard to get a one-shot or two together for testing things out in game mode. Remember, this is a true beta, it is not intended to be used to run real/live games. Expect issues and even the possibility that data formats might change and things done in one version of the beta to have to be redone/created in the next version (that is highly unlikely, but it is possible).
    Last edited by LordEntrails; October 12th, 2019 at 17:44.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Under US law there are all sorts of issues for public companies saying anything in the future. To avoid issues, many of companies have adopted a say nothing until it is generally available approach (hence the stupidity knucklehead had to deal with of the publisher not admitting the new edition would be out tomorrow).

Any private information that *could* affect stock value, no matter how small, is regulated under SEC regulations. Saying anything could be prosecuted as "insider trading".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Any private information that *could* affect stock value, no matter how small, is regulated under SEC regulations. Saying anything could be prosecuted as "insider trading".
    Even telling employees certain information can be restricted/illegal.

I worked at a company where we had a all hands one day and the CEO denied rumors of bankruptcy/sale. The bankruptcy was announced 2 days later. It was inappropriate (imo) for him to have the all hands, but it would have been illegal for him to have done anything but to deny the rumors.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What's a 'all hands'?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What's a 'all hands'?
    In this case, a company wide meeting where the leaders get up in front of everyone and present. Many companies do it annually to give a status to the employees, answer questions and make the "individual contributors' feel like they have a way to seen and be heard by the executives. I think the company size was about 5000 worldwide. So many of us where in the cafeteria, but most of the employees were on various video conferencing locations.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Even telling employees certain information can be restricted/illegal.
    I worked for a hedge fund for a while, and we had to fill out quarterly SEC reports that included any inside information that we had access to, and what we did with it.

I have never assumed there will be a beta demo version for the general public. Yes that would be wonderful, but I never ever expected that, I do hope there is a demo version on actual release, as I prefer to pay for the ultimate licence and allow my players to be able to access my game without having to buy anything at all. That has been one of the great things about Fantasy Grounds classic.

Is it too early to refer to the Fantasy grounds we have now as classic?

I suppose it is... but it already feels that way

Thread Information