FG Spreadshirt Swag
    It's okay; I'm keeping an eye on posts to make sure things are good. The main reason for the playtest agreement is just to protect us from people judging the software before release. We know we have a lot to fix up and improve already; and we just want the chance to do that before everyone starts comparing/contrasting.

Cheers,
    JPG

Edit mine. It should be in the other forum, ofc. My bad. For other readers, the release is great and promising, so is the support. You'll always have nitpickers like me. That's what alpha testing is for ;-)
    @Kelrugem, can you edit my part in your post

Blog Entries
    I miss all the interesting stuff....
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I am not in the alpha, but I feel I should probably edit what I am thinking

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I miss all the interesting stuff....
    Don't worry, it's not just you. We Canadians are always the last to know. Sorry.

When will be beta acess open for us pledgers?
    I'm so excited! September already!

Hugs from Brazil!

No date as yet for Beta.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

From what I’ve read I can’t see if that has been answered already.

Will there be a way to shear your books with other players? so if everyone connects to me, I then give someone else GM rights and I then become a player, but they can use all my books and other stuff?

I know with digital stuff like this can be tricky but I imagine it as the same as if you go to your DMS house with all the physical book; they won’t let you take them home but while your their playing at their house you could use their books to DM.

Thank you.

No, you won't be able to give someone else GM rights; nor will you be able to share material which is copyright in the manner you describe.

Sharing to players is fine and will work the same way it does now.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No, you won't be able to give someone else GM rights; nor will you be able to share material which is copyright in the manner you describe.

Sharing to players is fine and will work the same way it does now.
    Hopefully that is something that will be added after launch. It doesn't violate any copyrights anymore than a GM sharing with players does now. Being able to Co-GM or host for a GM would be a significant feature improvement, as right now, FG penalizes people for not having the money for the multitude of materials from being able to effectively GM...whereas in an in-person group doesn't have that same restriction....I buy the materials and they use them when they are playing with me...

In this case, I buy the materials, but I want to play instead of GM:
    • I host the game, but transfer GM rights to FG Licensee XYZ who has connected to my campaign, my materials are shared with the GM and the players as if the GM was on my account. GM and Player view rights end when they disconnect. Or,
    • FG Licensee XYZ hosts the game as GM, and prompts my client to provide access to materials related to the ruleset. GM obtains access as if he was on my account and it acts the same way. GM and Player view rights end when they disconnect.

Note, that neither of these options provide access to the materials that they could not gain by my sharing options as GM, so there shouldn't be any licensing issues.

I would say that the GM would have to have at least a standard license (since if they can afford Ultimate, it would seem that they should be able to afford materials too).

Anyhow, just my 2 cents...feel free to agree or disagree
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information