DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Currently, there is no scaling at all in the FGU playtest alpha. We do know that we will need to add basic UI scaling, similar to what is in current FG version.

The problem with adjustable text sizes is that every window and field is laid out by the ruleset developers to look a specific way; so it's not a simple solution to just scale text. The entire layout needs to be scaled, in order to preserve the layout of windows. There's no such thing as a responsive UI in FG (and that's a very complex thing we don't plan on addressing anytime soon). So, this means that macro-UI-scaling is the solution for the foreseeable future.

The one benefit in FGU is that the scaling will be on a per-object basis, which means that the text will be much clearer when scaling, since it will be drawn directly using TTFs at the final scaled size (instead of scaled after drawing like in current FG).

Regards,
    JPG

Makes sense John! I really love the direction everything is headed in and it makes sense to not create new things that might hamper current progress with what you guys have. I definitely think the scaling that you are going for is going to be sufficient. I love the scaling already in classic so if the Unity version is going to be clearer that will be awesome.

Is there a forum, site, or ??? to post/report/list bugs in the FGU Alpha? I'm not saying I really have anything to report and certainly don't want to bug anyone... just curious

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xscapebb View Post
    Is there a forum, site, or ??? to post/report/list bugs in the FGU Alpha? I'm not saying I really have anything to report and certainly don't want to bug anyone... just curious
    There was mention that Alpha testers would have access to a special sub-forum here to list and discuss. But as I'm not an alpha tester, I would not be able to see it. Check the sub-forums here to see if you see such a thing. Otherwise any such info would probably be in an email sent to you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The support section holds the Aplha forum.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

ok... I don't see anything... link?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xscapebb View Post
    ok... I don't see anything... link?
    Then your pledge is not linked with your forum account. You need to reach out to [email protected] so they can link the two.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

ok ty - emailing them now

If you are a KS backer with alpha access (VIP/Party/Patron/Benefactor) and you don't see the Playtest forum; please let us know via [email protected], and we'll get you squared away.

Regards,
    JPG

Question about walls on FGU. I noticed that Foundry VTT was also either drawing upon your wall setup or already had this in their project but what they do with walls is interesting. Mixed in with LoS and FoG settings is pretty sweet. Any info on that in what the goals are for what FGU is planning on for LoS options for tokens? Can't wait for Beta!!
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Thread Information