Starfinder Playlist
    UUhhhg Why do I feel like I just got kicked in the Gonads. I totally missed the announcement and Kick starter. I can only assume it is due to my extreme use of add blocking and spam filters on my Email. I never check this announcement forum.... I only hope that existing users that missed the Kick starter will not be punished too badly financially to upgrade to Unity.

Not getting the stretch goal items kinda stinks.
    Not getting Beta access to Unity sucks.

Oh well, I know this pain will go away eventually...

(Off to cry @ my local tavern. Maybe I can find an adventuring party to save me from myself )

Welcome to the forums, Levryl!

Sorry to sound cruel, but you must really be disconnected to be an FG user and not realize that there had been an FGU kickstarter. Respectfully, I don't see how you can feel 'kicked in the gonads" for intentionally being completely disconnected from SW and this community.

If you had been here for any posts, you would probably have realized that SW is not going to screw their loyal users. While the upgrade pricing hasn't been announced, you can look at their history to realize they will give you a very reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Levryl!

Sorry to sound cruel, but you must really be disconnected to be an FG user and not realize that there had been an FGU kickstarter. Respectfully, I don't see how you can feel 'kicked in the gonads" for intentionally being completely disconnected from SW and this community.

If you had been here for any posts, you would probably have realized that SW is not going to screw their loyal users. While the upgrade pricing hasn't been announced, you can look at their history to realize they will give you a very reasonable price.
    I visit the Forums Quite regularly. I just don't visit this thread. I have been lurking in the 5E thread and LFG threads mostly. Again I don't blame anyone but myself for missing it. That doesn't mean I don't feel like I have been kicked in the gonads...

Blog Entries
    Sign up for the newsletter. Yes it comes out every week. But its the cost of not missing out

For reference, this announcement was made April 1st (here and on other outlets) and the KS didn't go live until May 1st and lasted for a month. So that was a 2 month window and it's now 2 months after that window closed.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it, SmiteWorks has always treated its customers well so I doubt the cost is going to be much more to get it at launch. Of course you do miss out on the KS stretch goals and beta access, but I don't think that will be too much pain

Have a pint, drown your sorrows and tomorrow everything will be all better!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Does anyone know if there is any chance that SW will reopen the kickstarter??. I'm not bothered about paying a bit extra to upgrade but I'd like a chance to get into the beta and the stretch goals would also be nice Haha.

Will now sign up for the newsletter lol

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeyb39 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any chance that SW will reopen the kickstarter??
    They’ve said "no" when that question's been asked before.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    We don't have any plans to re-open the Kickstarter or the Beta access. We have 8500 beta testers already, which is many more than we need.

We will announce closer to December what the new upgrade paths will be for existing customers and license holders. Subscribers will see a separate subscription option they can move to.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We will announce closer to December what the new upgrade paths will be for existing customers and license holders.
    For what it's worth, that's costing you at least one Ultimate license sale right now - mine.

I realize the factors that go into determining the upgrade path and costs. You don't know yet when you'll release, you don't know what it will actually cost to complete Unity, etc.

But if I knew with certainty that, if I bought Ultimate today, 100% of the content that I bought with Ultimate would carry over for free into Unity and exactly what the upgrade to the equivalent of Ultimate under Unity would cost, I suspect that I would buy an Ultimate license now.

I know SmiteWorks has a good rep for taking care of its customers, but I've also seen companies who make people who bought the last version less than a month before the upgrade's release pay full price for the new version. I'm not interested in taking that risk.

Again, for what it's worth...

I am looking forward to the release of Unity!

Quote Originally Posted by thc1967 View Post
    But if I knew with certainty that, if I bought Ultimate today, 100% of the content that I bought with Ultimate would carry over for free into Unity...
    That is one of the main goals of FG Unity. You can know that all your FG official purchased content will carry over for free into Unity.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thc1967 View Post
    For what it's worth, that's costing you at least one Ultimate license sale right now - mine.

I realize the factors that go into determining the upgrade path and costs. You don't know yet when you'll release, you don't know what it will actually cost to complete Unity, etc.

But if I knew with certainty that, if I bought Ultimate today, 100% of the content that I bought with Ultimate would carry over for free into Unity and exactly what the upgrade to the equivalent of Ultimate under Unity would cost, I suspect that I would buy an Ultimate license now.

I know SmiteWorks has a good rep for taking care of its customers, but I've also seen companies who make people who bought the last version less than a month before the upgrade's release pay full price for the new version. I'm not interested in taking that risk.

Again, for what it's worth...

I am looking forward to the release of Unity!
    How do you suppose Smiteworks earned their good reputation?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information