1. #1061
    UUhhhg Why do I feel like I just got kicked in the Gonads. I totally missed the announcement and Kick starter. I can only assume it is due to my extreme use of add blocking and spam filters on my Email. I never check this announcement forum.... I only hope that existing users that missed the Kick starter will not be punished too badly financially to upgrade to Unity.

    Not getting the stretch goal items kinda stinks.
    Not getting Beta access to Unity sucks.

    Oh well, I know this pain will go away eventually...

    (Off to cry @ my local tavern. Maybe I can find an adventuring party to save me from myself )

  2. #1062

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    3,062
    Welcome to the forums, Levryl!

    Sorry to sound cruel, but you must really be disconnected to be an FG user and not realize that there had been an FGU kickstarter. Respectfully, I don't see how you can feel 'kicked in the gonads" for intentionally being completely disconnected from SW and this community.

    If you had been here for any posts, you would probably have realized that SW is not going to screw their loyal users. While the upgrade pricing hasn't been announced, you can look at their history to realize they will give you a very reasonable price.

  3. #1063
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Levryl!

    Sorry to sound cruel, but you must really be disconnected to be an FG user and not realize that there had been an FGU kickstarter. Respectfully, I don't see how you can feel 'kicked in the gonads" for intentionally being completely disconnected from SW and this community.

    If you had been here for any posts, you would probably have realized that SW is not going to screw their loyal users. While the upgrade pricing hasn't been announced, you can look at their history to realize they will give you a very reasonable price.
    I visit the Forums Quite regularly. I just don't visit this thread. I have been lurking in the 5E thread and LFG threads mostly. Again I don't blame anyone but myself for missing it. That doesn't mean I don't feel like I have been kicked in the gonads...

  4. #1064
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    GMT -7
    Posts
    8,436
    Blog Entries
    9
    Sign up for the newsletter. Yes it comes out every week. But its the cost of not missing out

    For reference, this announcement was made April 1st (here and on other outlets) and the KS didn't go live until May 1st and lasted for a month. So that was a 2 month window and it's now 2 months after that window closed.

    Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it, SmiteWorks has always treated its customers well so I doubt the cost is going to be much more to get it at launch. Of course you do miss out on the KS stretch goals and beta access, but I don't think that will be too much pain

    Have a pint, drown your sorrows and tomorrow everything will be all better!

    Current Projects: Ultimate Undermountain (NYDUM)
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets
    DMsGuild Content: Balance Disturbed (Adventure), Dungeon Room Descriptions
    FG Product Reviews: Virtual Scribe Reviews

  5. #1065

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    England, Yorkshire [GMT]
    Posts
    23
    Does anyone know if there is any chance that SW will reopen the kickstarter??. I'm not bothered about paying a bit extra to upgrade but I'd like a chance to get into the beta and the stretch goals would also be nice Haha.

    Will now sign up for the newsletter lol

  6. #1066
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeyb39 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any chance that SW will reopen the kickstarter??
    They’ve said "no" when that question's been asked before.
    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  7. #1067
    We don't have any plans to re-open the Kickstarter or the Beta access. We have 8500 beta testers already, which is many more than we need.

    We will announce closer to December what the new upgrade paths will be for existing customers and license holders. Subscribers will see a separate subscription option they can move to.

  8. #1068
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We will announce closer to December what the new upgrade paths will be for existing customers and license holders.
    For what it's worth, that's costing you at least one Ultimate license sale right now - mine.

    I realize the factors that go into determining the upgrade path and costs. You don't know yet when you'll release, you don't know what it will actually cost to complete Unity, etc.

    But if I knew with certainty that, if I bought Ultimate today, 100% of the content that I bought with Ultimate would carry over for free into Unity and exactly what the upgrade to the equivalent of Ultimate under Unity would cost, I suspect that I would buy an Ultimate license now.

    I know SmiteWorks has a good rep for taking care of its customers, but I've also seen companies who make people who bought the last version less than a month before the upgrade's release pay full price for the new version. I'm not interested in taking that risk.

    Again, for what it's worth...

    I am looking forward to the release of Unity!

  9. #1069
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,168
    Quote Originally Posted by thc1967 View Post
    But if I knew with certainty that, if I bought Ultimate today, 100% of the content that I bought with Ultimate would carry over for free into Unity...
    That is one of the main goals of FG Unity. You can know that all your FG official purchased content will carry over for free into Unity.
    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  10. #1070
    JohnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    4,474
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thc1967 View Post
    For what it's worth, that's costing you at least one Ultimate license sale right now - mine.

    I realize the factors that go into determining the upgrade path and costs. You don't know yet when you'll release, you don't know what it will actually cost to complete Unity, etc.

    But if I knew with certainty that, if I bought Ultimate today, 100% of the content that I bought with Ultimate would carry over for free into Unity and exactly what the upgrade to the equivalent of Ultimate under Unity would cost, I suspect that I would buy an Ultimate license now.

    I know SmiteWorks has a good rep for taking care of its customers, but I've also seen companies who make people who bought the last version less than a month before the upgrade's release pay full price for the new version. I'm not interested in taking that risk.

    Again, for what it's worth...

    I am looking forward to the release of Unity!
    How do you suppose Smiteworks earned their good reputation?
    DMing since 1979. Ultimate License holder.

    Currently GMing:
    * Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Monday)
    * Temple of Elemental Evil - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Thursday - on hiatus)
    * 2e Greyhawk (Wednesday)

    Thanks for 7+ years of gaming via FG my friends (2e / 3.5e / Rolemaster Classic / Castles & Crusades / Pathfinder / Savage Worlds / 5e).

    There/Their/They're are all different words and do not mean the same thing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 15 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 15 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in