5E Character Create Playlist
    After consulting astrological signs, lighting the incense pots, doing the incantations to please all the various Gods of Chaos,
    tossing and reading the signs from orc bones, reading the entrails from a centaur, examining the excrement of drow driders,
    consulting with a learned body of dragons... We have a answer for the Prophecy....

"WHEN ITS READY..........."

With Beta will we be able to set object tokens down that represent carriages, bridges, boats, on layers that will not interfere with the player tokens and that they will not be able to manipulate or move without DM permission?

Thanks
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    With Beta will we be able to set object tokens down that represent carriages, bridges, boats, on layers that will not interfere with the player tokens and that they will not be able to manipulate or move without DM permission?
    From what I recall as to what has been said to date, yes layers will be supported for placing tokens like that. But, nothing has been said about an ability to lock non-CT tokens.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Tokens will work similarly to they do now. (Player tokens can be moved by any player; and GM tokens can only be moved by GM)

Additionally, the image record supports multiple layers; so you can place additional object placeables on the map without making them tokens at all. (i.e. furniture, items, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Tokens will work similarly to they do now. (Player tokens can be moved by any player; and GM tokens can only be moved by GM)

Additionally, the image record supports multiple layers; so you can place additional object placeables on the map without making them tokens at all. (i.e. furniture, items, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG
    Excellent stuff!!!! Can't wait. This will add a lot for a DM!
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

If I get into beta of FGU before the end of the year I will be a happy camper

Do it right, not just right now.

I have actually put the re-vamp of my little campaign on hold until FGU, taking a break for a while. As i need to re-create every map, and re-do all artwork and a major re-vamp of the story... it was a good time to take a step back and await the platform I want to run it on.
    Last edited by DwightLee; September 19th, 2019 at 17:54.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We are hoping for some time in October. I would say that date is at medium risk currently.

When I say October, our developers are thinking Oct 30. Kickstarter Backers are thinking Oct. 1st.
    Yeah I thought it might be like that, it is why I kept tempering people against december release expectations

"Worth backing 100% but don't expect it to be out of beta this year barring lots of luck or a miracle"

I bought my ultimate license after the kickstarter ended. How much will it cost me to upgrade? Will there be another chance at the kickstarter for us Johnny-come-lately people?

Quote Originally Posted by DMRobbG View Post
    I bought my ultimate license after the kickstarter ended. How much will it cost me to upgrade? Will there be another chance at the kickstarter for us Johnny-come-lately people?
    Welcome to the forums.

No prices have been announced for upgrading to Unity as yet. And there was only one Kickstarter; there won't be another.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I just know I'd love to be surprised by beta access now in October.

Thread Information