Starfinder Playlist
Page 96 of 132 First ... 46869495969798106 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarianDz View Post
    Please knows somebody how many players connections at once FG allows?
    I meand how many computers in same time could join session without having lag or freeze problems, is it somehow limited?
    Sure it's limited. Not by the software but by some sort of technical limitation. A lot of it is going to depending upon the hosting computer's hardware and O/S and then bandwidth. So, lag is going to be close to linear to the number of clients. If you ignore lag, I suspect a practical limit is going to be somewhere around 30-40 cleints before you get too much contention.

Note, I would expect lag with 30-40 clients to be unplayable. But, you would expect a relatively stable connection.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Its limited but not by an application or code limit.
    There will be a performance hit at some point.
    There are too many variables to tell you when that will be.

Quote Originally Posted by MarianDz View Post
    Please knows somebody how many players connections at once FG allows?
    I meand how many computers in same time could join session without having lag or freeze problems, is it somehow limited?
    I have gone up to 8 players on the current fantasygrounds with Australian internet, I am sure it can do more than that.

I don't think latency issues will crop up to any real degree, being a client server system that plays a turn based game. Even 1000ms lag would be fairly tollerable for the players getting it imo.

Transfer speeds were a pain when I was using ADSL2+ and having to upload 100mb files to each player during the first session. But that is a thing of the past for me now and had next to zero impact during a game.

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    I got idea create "live sesions". Understand one session/map for DM + 2 or 3 players as (heroes); and another 5 - 6 peoples could plays as monsters (DM share sheets with them). This way monsters could interoperate better. Sometime DM can forgot utilise some special ability and this way every player do maximum how to survive, kill or be killed. THis way monsters could comunicate their own language over chat for example goblinish, koboldish, etc... and on attack can use bows, melee attack or their combinations. All they interactions will be better planed and coordinated. Use terrain protection, cover self, hit and run, count with advantage or disadvantage, etc ... as real players do. Hidden players will wait for their interaction when LOS uncovered them, hide when want to be hidden, utilise this way moment of surprise "ambush!". But its only idea ... which may have big bugs.

From time to time is good invite in game for example live NPC Dwarves which can comunicate with heroes not through DM's mouths. But real heroes which can plays their role.
    Last edited by MarianDz; May 22nd, 2019 at 15:36.

The only issue with that plan is players cannot move "enemy" tokens and can only move allied tokens. You could make all npcs allies but then you lose the colour coding on the battlemap and in the combat tracker.

Other than that (and having to share the npc sheets) I don't think it would be too much of an issue.

Oh invited players would need to be rolling from npc sheets directly so they wouldn't have effects applied on them, not hard to do manually (I mean people do it with ye olde pen and paper play ) but I like automating as much as I can as a GM. I pride myself in having very short combat rounds.

Woot another stretch goal down

I've not used FG for quite time due to work. I bought via Steam & joined a couple of campaigns and had great fun.
    However, I'm now looking at backing the KS & have a couple of questions:-

How can I tell if it was pre 2018 that I bought it & how can I tell if I have standard or ultimate?

Cheers

OK answered the 1st one myself by seeing I joined forum back in 2017

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PXGDAD View Post
    I've not used FG for quite time due to work. I bought via Steam & joined a couple of campaigns and had great fun.
    However, I'm now looking at backing the KS & have a couple of questions:-

How can I tell if it was pre 2018 that I bought it & how can I tell if I have standard or ultimate?

Cheers
    Go into Steam and check your order history.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Excellent - thanks

Thread Information