DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries
    @thc1967, As mentioned, we all trust SmiteWorks to be fair, but its completely understandable if you don't. Happy gaming and we hope to have you join us when you are comfortable.

(As for not announcing the upgrade paths now, I understand it is costing them your sale, but their is also a cost to them if they were to announce it now. Though I don't always agree with the business decisions SmiteWorks makes, I've never seen them make such a decision without careful consideration.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by thc1967 View Post
    But if I knew with certainty that, if I bought Ultimate today, 100% of the content that I bought with Ultimate would carry over for free into Unity and exactly what the upgrade to the equivalent of Ultimate under Unity would cost, I suspect that I would buy an Ultimate license now.
    The purchased content is guaranteed to work with FGU - this was one of the stated design goals for the new software. If you're leary of paying in full for a license now, then you could always do a subscription for a few months instead.

I know SmiteWorks has a good rep for taking care of its customers, but I've also seen companies who make people who bought the last version less than a month before the upgrade's release pay full price for the new version. I'm not interested in taking that risk.
    I don't agree with all the decisions Smiteworks makes, and more specifically, there are aspects to the roll out of FGU where I believe Smiteworks has made mistakes.

With respect to the risk you take by purchasing a current FG license and then having to purchase a separate FGU license later... I believe that Smiteworks statement prior to the kickstarter remains applicable. They want you to buy a FG license for what it gives you now. If you aren't interested in what FG gives you now, don't buy a license. If you want FGU buy FGU when it is available.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza0Tyr View Post
    They want you to buy a FG license for what it gives you now[/URL]. If you aren't interested in what FG gives you now, don't buy a license.
    Yeah. I would buy a one-time payment license for Ultimate. The way that's priced, it's 15 months' worth of subscription, basically.

Those who discovered FG way before I did, and who bought the same license, would get how many years' worth of use out of that, making it worth how much per month in reality? On the flip side, I buy that now, Unity arrives in 6 months, and I get 10% credit toward Unity... feels inequitable. (Obviously that's an imaginary number - nobody knows what it will be.)

I mean, I get what you're saying and there's a dollar value at which I would say it's worth it. But because SW hasn't released the numbers, I can't make that decision. Therefore, I wait until I know the number, then I make the decision.

Goes right back to the lack of information is costing them whatever the Ultimate one-payment license is worth, plus the content I would purchase right now times however many people think like I do. Compared to the Kickstarter funding, that's almost certainly an irrelevant sum of money. So I'm sure they're fine with us, or maybe it is just me, waiting, too.

Those who discovered FG way before I did, and who bought the same license, would get how many years' worth of use out of that, making it worth how much per month in reality? On the flip side, I buy that now, Unity arrives in 6 months, and I get 10% credit toward Unity... feels inequitable. (Obviously that's an imaginary number - nobody knows what it will be.)
    While the numbers have not been announced, going by the pricing model in the Kickstarter, those who purchased most recently got more of a discount than those who purchased longer ago.

Blog Entries
    I mean, I get what you're saying and there's a dollar value at which I would say it's worth it. But because SW hasn't released the numbers, I can't make that decision. Therefore, I wait until I know the number, then I make the decision....
    But of course, until FGU is released (or if the prices are announced prior to release) you will miss out on being able to use FG at all. There is a value to that too. Only you can decide

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    You can only spend your money once so make the best value judgement call you can.
    It will definitely help people make a decision once upgrade options/pricing are revealed.
    I can only guess that hasnt happened as yet until they can lock in the release date - eg the dev work is still ongoing madly.

Please delete
    Last edited by UltimateGM; August 8th, 2019 at 14:32.

So this may have been asked before, but in an admittedly laze effort to search the while thread here it goes:

I am currently a monthly subscriber, but I pledged as a newbie for the standard FGU license. Should I enter my current key in the fulfillment survey, or leave it blank?

Leave it blank, since there isn’t an upgrade path for subscriptions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information