5E Character Create Playlist
Page 17 of 132 First ... 715161718192767117 ... Last
    Might be a little greedy of me to ask that but I'll continue to throw money hand over fist if we can make these things happen. Lol.
    Last edited by xAxTragicxEndx; April 3rd, 2019 at 20:49.

Blog Entries
    I don't think SmiteWorks is going to respond with any new information until FG Fridays this Friday. Everything we "know" is in teh FGU FAQ; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...unds-Unity-FAQ

I think anything else is speculation until Friday

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Over 18k thread views in less than 3 days. I am looking forward to this!!
    Ultimate License Holder

Any chance Unity will support

1) Multiple GMs? (two people logging in with GM rights)
    2) ability to rotate GM among players? My understanding now is that if my buddy wants to GM, he has to either use my computer to do so, or purchase all of the content a second time to use on his own license. It would be nice to be able to trade off GM responsibilities to a limited number of people once in a while without having to buy all of the books again to do so legally.

Quote Originally Posted by xAxTragicxEndx View Post
    First of all, congratulations on all the hard work put in by the SW team to make this happen. Can't wait to back the KS.

I just had one quick question. You said Unity can compile for tables and phones..... I know there is no intention of making a mobile version (at this time) but my question is does these mean we may be able to open this on a mobile device to access modules when on the go. Or maybe when playing IRL... Kinda like a different service...

**cough cough** D&D Beyond **cough cough**
    Full FG functionality on mobile would be a real stretch (pun intended). But having something like "character management" from mobile would be quite amazing because players who are on the move could still at least look up their character sheet while connected to discord via mobile and participate in the game a bit better than they could before.

Full FG mobile functionality is probably a pipe-dream. BUT, if you could have a player connect via a "mobile portal" and they could access only very specific things, like shared images (maps) and their character sheet, that would literally be enough for remote play. Maybe they couldn't do the rolling themselves or more their tokens, etc. But they could tell the DM what they wanted to do, and they could see the map. That would be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by stewartl42 View Post
    Any chance Unity will support

1) Multiple GMs? (two people logging in with GM rights)
    2) ability to rotate GM among players? My understanding now is that if my buddy wants to GM, he has to either use my computer to do so, or purchase all of the content a second time to use on his own license. It would be nice to be able to trade off GM responsibilities to a limited number of people once in a while without having to buy all of the books again to do so legally.
    1) That would be cool. Isn't there an extension that does some of that already though?
    2) It would be nice that if Player A owns Book 2, Book 3, Book 4, and Player B owns Book 1, everyone connected to the table of Player C who owns the Ultimate License to the group has access to Books 1-4. I doubt they'll ever do "shared licenses", but fully shared Modules/Books would be cool and something I think they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post

2) It would be nice that if Player A owns Book 2, Book 3, Book 4, and Player B owns Book 1, everyone connected to the table of Player C who owns the Ultimate License to the group has access to Books 1-4. I doubt they'll ever do "shared licenses", but fully shared Modules/Books would be cool and something I think they could do.
    See, I know my players would buy ultimate licenses to do this, if it were an option. Right now, the burden of re-purchasing content, most of which was also purchased as a hard copy book to begin with, makes this untenable.

Stew

WISHLIST:
    The biggest thing I need from FGUnity is MULTI MONITOR SUPPORT. This should be out of the box. We need screen real estate for all the information we use and it would make our lives infinitely easier.

Next wish based on multimonitor, would be the ability to run a map client that the GM can control. I like to use FG as my game map on my tv for my players to interact with but it gets cumbersome to control it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssj4megaman View Post
    WISHLIST:
    The biggest thing I need from FGUnity is MULTI MONITOR SUPPORT. This should be out of the box. We need screen real estate for all the information we use and it would make our lives infinitely easier.

Next wish based on multimonitor, would be the ability to run a map client that the GM can control. I like to use FG as my game map on my tv for my players to interact with but it gets cumbersome to control it.
    Yes. Multi-monitor support with some customization settings so that you can get it working just right for monitors of multiple sizes/resolutions/orientations, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xAxTragicxEndx View Post
    First of all, congratulations on all the hard work put in by the SW team to make this happen. Can't wait to back the KS.

I just had one quick question. You said Unity can compile for tables and phones..... I know there is no intention of making a mobile version (at this time) but my question is does these mean we may be able to open this on a mobile device to access modules when on the go. Or maybe when playing IRL... Kinda like a different service...

**cough cough** D&D Beyond **cough cough**
    This, I own everything physically, everything on FG and the legendary bundle on D&D beyond.

But I end up doing most of my reading / prep work on a certain tools website because fans put together a better digital resource than people who were paid to (directed at curse and D&D beyond, not fg... btw character gen is faster on fg as well).

Having FG reference documents or story links and the like available on my tablet would be awesome. Especially in play.
    (I like to get up and move around if I am restless)

Quote Originally Posted by KervyN View Post
    This is exactly my impression and why I've stuck to FG instead of switching to R20.
    Ditto

Thread Information