5E Character Create Playlist
Page 30 of 132 First ... 2028293031324080130 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    SW has stated that purchasing an FGU license during the KS will not grant an FGC license.

SW has stated that in order to stream FGU you will need an agreement with SW because FGU Beta will be under a license (i.e. NDA) that requires an agreement to stream.
    I am not saying that they will, I was just hypothesising the best way I could think of for them to circumvent that issue.

It is why I wrote "I think" rather than "It would be"

I do not expect them to do so though. (keep in mind, again, I have FG:C, I plan on going all in on FGU and already asked every player to buy FG:U regardless so it literally has no bearing on my plans)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    IN most cases a Kickstarter is paid for at end of the campaign and delivered months later. I dont think that will be a big hurdle.
    Beta testing does look like it could be restricted to groups where they all get in n the Kickstarter though?
    Peoples expectations impact quite heavily, I have seen this with a lot of non physical products before or when people have to wait longer to obtain something they perceive as already having paid for. The mental divide between owning an Ultimate edition and not getting any benefit out of owning an Ultimate edition until later on, it is recoverable of course, but it is better to get out ahead of these things.

Hopefully there is an influx of new users via the kickstarter. Ideally I would like to see it blow up somewhat and gain a decent amount of hype/excitement, another part of why I am encouraging my players to back now.

Actually, on that note. Standard license addon options and/or a 5 pack pledge level of standard licenses could be a good option for the kickstarter. For people wanting to buy gifts or buy licenses for their groups.

I make my own Mod files will they still work in FGU

Quote Originally Posted by Falselight View Post
    I make my own Mod files will they still work in FGU
    Yes.

See post #1: "Backward compatibility with all existing campaigns and DLC from FGC" A user created module is essentially the same as DLC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

why is this month of April so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhunt3r View Post
    Because it's National Grilled Cheese month here in the US, and Grilled Cheese is awesome, so you want it to last as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhunt3r View Post
    May will be worse - just think about it, campaign due to start on 5/1 and will probably run for 30 days, campaign closes, 2 week wait for payment, another month of last-minute updates and fixes on the back-end. Backerkits go out, wait 30 days to close backerkits, two week wait for payment, another week for treatment of spreadsheet madness syndrome, then beta codes & download instructions go out. estimated arrival late july - early august. 3 months of testing and bug-squashing, then final release right before xmas break.

Quote Originally Posted by Lensman View Post
    May will be worse - just think about it, campaign due to start on 5/1 and will probably run for 30 days, campaign closes, 2 week wait for payment, another month of last-minute updates and fixes on the back-end. Backerkits go out, wait 30 days to close backerkits, two week wait for payment, another week for treatment of spreadsheet madness syndrome, then beta codes & download instructions go out. estimated arrival late july - early august. 3 months of testing and bug-squashing, then final release right before xmas break.
    It will be interesting to see where the alpha phase fits in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lensman View Post
    Umm, except didn't Doug et al say on the stream that they were expecting FGU Beta to available in December? Or was that v1 and Beta would be available something like you timeline?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Umm, except didn't Doug et al say on the stream that they were expecting FGU Beta to available in December? Or was that v1 and Beta would be available something like you timeline?
    I'm pretty sure he said the full release would be targeted for December, with the alpha and beta versions coming well before that.

From here, it sounds like Alpha to be put out during the party in Florida this summer, Beta roughly 2 months later, and full release in December. If all goes well.

Thread Information