DICE PACKS BUNDLE

ChatGPT and the Adventure Deck

So, I've got my ChatGPT premium account and I've been having some fun with it, but I was wondering if there was a way to get it to write the code to customize an Adventure Deck? I've tried doing this on my own and lets just say code is not my forte
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

look in the docs folder for Adventure Deck Documentation.pdf tells you what you need to do...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    look in the docs folder for Adventure Deck Documentation.pdf tells you what you need to do...
    Thanks for chiming in! I kind of figured this would be the case... oh well

As for the README, I'm sure for someone who codes, that little bit is enough. For someone like myself, that document is going to need a step by step ELI5 treatment for it to be of any use to me. It leaves too many questions. And no disrespect intended, just being honest. And no I'm not asking for a rewrite either. You do a lot for the community and it is appreciated, but yeah... I was kind of hoping this AI thing would fix this problem for me. Thanks again for chiming in!

Quote Originally Posted by GM BK View Post
    Thanks for chiming in! I kind of figured this would be the case... oh well

As for the README, I'm sure for someone who codes, that little bit is enough. For someone like myself, that document is going to need a step by step ELI5 treatment for it to be of any use to me. It leaves too many questions. And no disrespect intended, just being honest. And no I'm not asking for a rewrite either. You do a lot for the community and it is appreciated, but yeah... I was kind of hoping this AI thing would fix this problem for me. Thanks again for chiming in!
    The AI might fix it at first, then the cards will start taking over the World!!

I made the Supers Adventure Deck using the documents in the Adventure Deck module, its pretty straight forwards, provide images and text for each card and add them to the list. It is not coding, just follow the examples.

If I get time I might make a tutorial, but works a bastard at the moment, so many customers!!

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    The AI might fix it at first, then the cards will start taking over the World!!

I made the Supers Adventure Deck using the documents in the Adventure Deck module, its pretty straight forwards, provide images and text for each card and add them to the list. It is not coding, just follow the examples.

If I get time I might make a tutorial, but works a bastard at the moment, so many customers!!

Happy New Year!
    Given the headlines, a takeover of the world by the cards might not be so bad

But yeah, I opened both the README and the .lua, and to be honest, that just made it even more confusing... Like am I building this file from scratch, editing the one I have open, or am I editing an existing one? And if I'm editing an existing, which one would that be? And then where would I put said file? Like I said in my original post, all of this kind of stuff is not my forte... Absolutely 100% outside of my wheelhouse. Seriously, if someone can put some sort of check box GUI for this on the Forge, I'd gladly pay for it. It would be nice to be able to use the deck without having to discard cards I would've sorted out.

Thread Information