5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Random Table Question

I'm looking to see if anyone knows of an extension that allows you to target the group tag you can place items inside for sorting on a table roll. I'm trying to update my treasure tables roll with the new homebrew items I have added and it is tedious making sure the items are in all the sub tables instead of just using the group I have already placed all of the common consumables inside for example.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums

I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

I am a bit confused though, you want a table to call out an item, but for the table to look into an item group to pull the item? So would the table generate its own list of rows based upon how many items are in a group?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

To that effect. I'm trying to replicate the homebrew I found Flexible Treasure Hoards. It regroups the items by rarity and Consumable, Minor, Major tiers. The reason this would be useful not only for this is I just have to make a group tag add what needs to be an option and the table pulls the name and links it. I guess I may have to look at if it is even possible in the current architecture of FG. If so I may have to dust off my XML to make an extension.

The end goal is for a random value to return from a given list. I'm just trying to make the list work with my organization vs have a static list I have to update I get a new homebrew or a new official release pack. Also it means the list is alphabetical so it doesnt drive me completely crazy on that side either.

Blog Entries
    You can have a setup like:

table0
    Common 00-70 >> table1
    Uncommon 71-92 >> table2
    Rare 93-98 >> table3
    Unique 99 >> table4

table1
    Coins 00-40 >> table11
    Gems 41-50 >> table12
    Artwork 51-60 >> table13
    Weapon 61-70 >> table14
    Sword 71-80 >> table15
    Item 81-94 >> table16
    Armour 95-99 >> table17

table11

etc

Blog Entries
    Damned's idea is a set of static tables and is probably the best you can hope for without an extension.

Now, Their are 2 "Table" extensions that allow you to cut/paste plain text into FG tables (one extension for story tables, one for table objects, the one you want). That way you could have a master list outside of FG, probably created, sorted and maintained in Excel, and then you would just have to cut/paste into the appropriate FG tables. That's what I did for my Dungeon Room Descriptions module. Not quite the same use case, but close enough it will work for your use case if desired.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That could work I do have a master list of the bottom level tables. Thanks I'll go look for the extensions.

Thread Information