FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Labelling

Labelling

It might be a good idea to label the explorers edition as Outdated, or old version in the title itself. I´m teaching a couple of people SW and the question has come up multiple times which one of the two is the correct version to get. Mabe just put V4 and V5 in front?

Blog Entries
    Labeling where?

SWEX (Explorer's Edition) isn't even available; it was updated years ago to Deluxe (SWD) which has been available for some time and the brand-new Adventure Edition (SWADE) is a separate purchase to get the books in FG (or enter the data yourself). When you create a Savage Worlds campaign, you are prompted to choose SWD or SWADE and it won't let you continue until you choose.

Otherwise there's nothing "outdated."

Well, that is interesting. Maybe this was a bug in the store? At the time when I posted the above post, when you searched "Savage Worlds" the top 2 results were the Adventurers Edition and right below Explorers Edition. Just navigated there again to send a screenshot, and this time it only showed the Adventurers Edition to buy.
    I only made this post since several students asked me about which one of the two is the right one. Nevermind then, appears to have been fixed?

Blog Entries
    Store search with the 'ruleset' filter yields this:

Only Adventure Edition and Deluxe exist. SWEX (Explorers) ruleset became SWD (Deluxe) several years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had hoped they would drop the explorer/deluxe/adventurer and go with a versioning instead. Maybe all we need is the release year out beside the rulesets like (2019) for SWADE. Someone new to Savage Worlds may not know which one to get in order to play the latest.

Blog Entries
    Aha, I do see the issue now. If you click the link to SWD the actual page does in fact say that it's SWEX (Explorer's Edition). I will forward a message to QA to fix that.

That page does, however, list a release date of 2013 whereas SWADE lists the release date of 2019 which takes care of @twistedtechmike's suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtechmike View Post
    I had hoped they would drop the explorer/deluxe/adventurer and go with a versioning instead. Maybe all we need is the release year out beside the rulesets like (2019) for SWADE. Someone new to Savage Worlds may not know which one to get in order to play the latest.
    It would be unwise, since the original products are called explorer/deluxe/adventurer edition. Internally there is a versioning (4.x being Deluxe, 5.x being SWADE), but if you talk about the SW v5 ruleset, people on this forum might now what you are talking about, but if you talk about SWADE, then people who haven't heard about Fantasy Grounds would know too.
    Natural 20 - that's how I roll.

I meant I had hoped Pinnacle would go to a versioning system, for clarity, not Fantasy Grounds. I apologize if that wasn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtechmike View Post
    I meant I had hoped Pinnacle would go to a versioning system, for clarity, not Fantasy Grounds. I apologize if that wasn't clear.
    To be honest, I prefer the names than numbers. It's easier to remember that the Adventure edition is the one with the Core Skills, than an arbitrary number. But that's personal preference, I guess.
    Natural 20 - that's how I roll.

Blog Entries
    QA just corrected the text on the SWD store page, by the way.

Thread Information