5E Character Create Playlist

Feature Request: Add casting limits to Powers

I'm playing a Druid in a 5e campaign and I was trying to set up a Wild Shape power, but there is apparently no way to add the two cast limit to the power.

Could you add the ability to add cast limits to Powers and Magic?

Just the little bubbles that are already used for Spell Slots and Weapon Ammo would be a great addition and would be a perfect for tracking Magic Item charges and miscellaneous class abilities.

Welcome to the forums.

Absolutely you can setup uses for powers. See the "Power Group Example" in the Wiki User Guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/..._Group_Example

And also see "Preparation Mode" in the "Mode and Display" section at the bottom of that page.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I did not know you could do that, and it is much better than what I was using. Thank you for showing me that!

Although, I do think it would still be nicer to set uses on individual Powers rather than on Groups, just because I would like to keep my Groups better organized.

This definitely works though, even if it isn't as elegant as I was helping for.

EDIT: Wait, I didn't get to your mention of Preparation Mode before writing this. This appears to be exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
    Last edited by q3143205; March 30th, 2019 at 02:28.

See the "preparation" mode I mentioned - this allows you further control over individual powers.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yep. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Blog Entries
    Also note that one the forums here is a druid wild shape and on the DMsGuild is another. Both add a great deal of function and automation regarding druid wild shape. Would give you lacked, would give you links, but on phone.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by q3143205 View Post
    I did not know you could do that, and it is much better than what I was using. Thank you for showing me that!

Although, I do think it would still be nicer to set uses on individual Powers rather than on Groups, just because I would like to keep my Groups better organized.

This definitely works though, even if it isn't as elegant as I was helping for.

EDIT: Wait, I didn't get to your mention of Preparation Mode before writing this. This appears to be exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
    Just be sure you don't set something in the data for the Power Group and then set individual abilities via preparation mode. They'll fight with one another if you do.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information