5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Quickest way to import an NPC

My searching is failing me right now.

What is currently the easiest way to whip up an NPC in Fantasy Grounds when I have a PDF (i.e. an Adventurers League PDF) with a statblock? I know in the past (and maybe currently?) there was PAR5E but I could have sworn there was another method from the last year or two where I could copy something into FG while in the campaign, but I may be wrong. Please advise. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks. I did see that, but didn't see how to get that data into FG. Is it to create a project and save it as a module? Can I copy a module into the campaign folder (or elsewhere) and load it without reloading the campaign (I've never tried that before)? Just trying to make sure this is a process I can do while running a game.

Yes, Engineer creates a module which you can then open in any campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok. Just installed FG on my machine (I'm not at home atm) and Engineer Suite and I cannot in fact add a .mod while the campaign is running (it won't show up unless I exit the campaign and then reload it). It looks like I can however create a .mod that I always load and I can update that .mod, I just need to unload/reload it within the campaign to refresh it with whatever I loaded. That's still a lot less than what I was having to do, so that'll work. Thanks guys.

Blog Entries
    I will add, how many NPCs do you have to create? I mean if you are talking 5 or 6, just put them in using the interface. But if you have a few dozen, then learn NPC Engineer.

In between... Well, will depend on how quickly you learn etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is primarily for here-and-there situations where I decide to run a game last minute and only have the PDF. It's easy for me to throw an image into a folder for a battlemap and grid it for an encounter, but it's more complicated when there's a spellcasting vampire NPC with a bunch of spells, heh. Adding them in while the game is going in a way that would give me the actions and spells in a usable format took longer than I'd anticipated.

Sorry, I missed the point of you wanting to do this whilst running a game. I would suggest you don’t run games where you have to enter such stuff in the middle of a game. But if you do then you can add to a module which is already loaded and just refresh it as you have discovered.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, usually I don't; I'll make mods for them before running them. There have been a few times in the last couple of months though where my players wanted to play and I was available, so I obliged.

Having said that, Engineer Suite will make creating the mods easier anyway. Thanks everyone.

Glad you like it, Midas. Feel free to jump onto the Discord channel if you face any issues with it. Myself or a few other hardy souls will be able to answer your questions
    Suggestions for features are welcome too.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Thread Information