DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Sneaky Peek...Mongoose New Traveller

Evening Folks,

Posted on my twitter feed a few moments ago.

But here as well.

T2EExample.jpg

Now don't worry, the Core Rulebook is all parsed, the layout is 90% done, but the data is a bit off.

I've merged my latest 1.0.10 from 1st Ed into it, and once 1.0.10 goes live then I'll switch primary focus to Mongoose New Traveller. I've already got most of the special code for the Core rulebook sorted, need to plug in the Target Numbers and address Creatures/Monsters in the CT/NPC sheet for having 'Hit Points' rather than the Wound Tracker (STR/STA/END) that PC's/NPC's have.

Anyway I'm part way through 1.0.10's PSI updates - adding a feature similar to DnD 5E, where each PSI ability has a magnifying glass, on which opens up some options, one where you can enter in the points cost and a second the Damage. Quite simple but should suffice.

Still for Mongoose New Traveller I've started the data mapping for Starships.

Work will continue on 1E even when 2E is released, it won't be as often, but if it's a straight port back to 1E then it'll be quickly done. I also kinda hope that when MG New Traveller is released (summer I hope) that they're cool with me converting more Third Imperium stuff from the 1st Edition.

Anyway, back into the groove from tomorrow.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Looking good. Tease.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Looks great, I like the UI look.

Wow great look. I alread purchased the starter box of 2E and told my players that we may have to redesign their chars😁😁

If you need me (and/or my campaign) to test things for you, just holler.

Cya

Looking good!

One thing I was thinking is perhaps not naming it New Traveller but rather something like Mongoose Traveller 2E or something. It might help to avoid confusion down the road if Mongoose ever releases a 3rd edition (which would then be the New New Traveller), or some other company licenses Traveller and decides to call theirs New Traveller.

Everyone refers to it as Mong Trav 2, so a lot of people looking for it on FG would find it easier than if it was called New Traveller.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    Everyone refers to it as Mong Trav 2, so a lot of people looking for it on FG would find it easier than if it was called New Traveller.
    I call it Mongoose Traveller 2E, or MT2E but it's upto them what they call it, an email has been sent asking for clarification on this. I'll email again mentioning the above, cheers folks!

MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Great look I am anxiously awaiting the final product.

By the way how hard would it be to add a d66 and possibly a % die

Quote Originally Posted by cdjensen99 View Post
    Great look I am anxiously awaiting the final product.

By the way how hard would it be to add a d66 and possibly a % die
    Updated:

So I tested it this morning. /die 1d100 (also /die d100) do generate percentile results in the Traveller ruleset.

Also /die d66 will generate a random number from 1 to 66. This result is not consistent with the way that the Traveller d66 tables work. The number should be from 11 to 66 not 1 to 66. The result should be %1%2 where %1 is the face value of the first die, and %2 is the face value of the 2nd die.

An example of a D66 table in Traveller can be found on page 165-166 of the Mongoose Traveller 1E Core Rules, or page 212-213 of Mongoose Traveller 2E Core Rules.

---- My original post ----

I'm not at my PC so can't test but MGT is built on CoreRPG so you should be able to /die 1d100 in chat. D66 is a little harder for /die but you can probably do in a custom table using two column results d6 and d6.
    Last edited by esmdev; April 7th, 2019 at 12:10. Reason: Updated with tested and researched information.

Thread Information