DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

how to force re-parsing of spells on npc

Hello - is there a way to force a re-parsing of spells on an NPC if you got a parse error due to a typo? Apparently in 'core' systems there is a right click option but this seems to be missing from the 5e ruleset, and as this is a core based ruleset I have to assume that was intentional, but I also have to assume that functionality was moved elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    Apparently in 'core' systems there is a right click option but this seems to be missing from the 5e ruleset, and as this is a core based ruleset I have to assume that was intentional, but I also have to assume that functionality was moved elsewhere.
    There is no such functionality in CoreRPG - spells are not present in that ruleset. Some other rulesets, e.g. 3.5E, has such functionality - but that is specifically coded into the ruleset, it doesn't get that function from CoreRPG.

To reparse NPC spells in 5E, delete the parsed spells and then close and re-open the NPC record.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There is a re-parse option for the windowclass power_item (list_powers).

I'm not sure where you're looking for a reparse but that's the only "right click/re-parse" I am aware of in 5e.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There is no such functionality in CoreRPG - spells are not present in that ruleset. Some other rulesets, e.g. 3.5E, has such functionality - but that is specifically coded into the ruleset, it doesn't get that function from CoreRPG.

To reparse NPC spells in 5E, delete the parsed spells and then close and re-open the NPC record.
    I'll give that a try later tonight - I did delete the spells section but not the parsed spells themselves.

The 5E ruleset does have that option. Make sure you are right-clicking on the power/spell line (i.e. same line as the power/spell name); and not one of the actions for that power/spell.

See lower right menu option in picture.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The 5E ruleset does have that option. Make sure you are right-clicking on the power/spell line (i.e. same line as the power/spell name); and not one of the actions for that power/spell.

Regards,
    JPG
    Only for PCs, right? The OP was asking about NPCs.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Regards,
    JPG
    This is only for a spell in the actions tab off a PC. The OP was asking about NPCs

Edit: Good grief even though he's in the back of beyond Trenloe still is faster
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, only for PCs in 5E. Missed that part.

NPC Powers get reparsed whenever NPC sheet is opened or power text changed.

Regards
    JPG

Yes, only for PCs in 5E. Missed that part.

NPC Powers get reparsed whenever NPC sheet is opened or power text changed.

Regards
    JPG
    I found that to not be the case - even after closing and re-opening the client - however I think 'opening' the NPC sheet is where I'm at odds - so I'll be more specific:

I created a module with all the NPC's from 'adventure x' - I then opened that module and copied the NPC locally - at that time (without actually viewing the NPC record) I got the error about the typo. I then corrected the spells in question - 3 of them - on the NPC sheet (the copied version) but nothing changed.

I closed the NPC sheet.
    I opened it.
    I deleted the entire 'spell' section - and recreated it.

I have *not* deleted the 'parsed spells' at the bottom of the NPC sheet (as Trenloe suggested) - I will do that tonight when I have the ability to get back to my computer where I'm working on this campaign.

Ah, I see where all the confusion is. You are talking about the parsing of the NPC Spellcasting trait to insert the spells into the NPC sheet, which is different from what we were all talking about above.

If you get an error during a spellcasting trait parse due to typo, then there are two ways to fix:

1. Drag and drop the spells affected onto the unlocked NPC sheet to add the spell manually.

2. Fix the typo, delete all spell entries in NPC record sheet, close the NPC, and re-open.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information