DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sharing a computer

I've seen variations of this question, but nothing quite fits my circumstance.

My family is new to Fantasy Grounds and we'd like to all play together. Here is my situation: several family members live across the country and all have their own computers and can get there own licenses. However, I have two sons that live together in a different state and they just saved up to get a new computer. Here is the sticking point.... they share the computer, and they both want to play. How can we ALL play together? Can they each buy a licenses and have two windows of fantasy grounds open and they can tab back and forth? Can we load their characters into the game and the one son moves the other sons character for them? Or can I (the GM) load one sons character into the game as the GM and I control his character for him while I GM. He then watches with his brother on their computer and he can tell me what he wants to do over discord?

I'm looking for option. I'd hate for one son to be left out.

Thanks for any and all help!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Billwilder1

Open one instance on the sons computer and select two characters and they can swap seats or slide teh laptop over when its their turn.
    Or play favourites... and tell #2 he cant play!

You can have one connection run multiple characters. Just have both characters for that house linked to the same username, then they can open both characters and whomever can take control during their turn. We do this in my game often when someone is absent, someone else handles their character until they return.

Also for voice, if they use a microphone/external speaker instead of a headset they can both communicate easily without having to trade the headset. Push to talk is recommended in this sort of situation unless you like hearing yourself talk.

[QUOTE=Billwilder1;431115]I've seen variations of this question, but nothing quite fits my circumstance.

My family is new to Fantasy Grounds and we'd like to all play together. Here is my situation: several family members live across the country and all have their own computers and can get there own licenses. However, I have two sons that live together in a different state and they just saved up to get a new computer. Here is the sticking point.... they share the computer, and they both want to play. How can we ALL play together? Can they each buy a licenses and have two windows of fantasy grounds open and they can tab back and forth? Can we load their characters into the game and the one son moves the other sons character for them? Or can I (the GM) load one sons character into the game as the GM and I control his character for him while I GM. He then watches with his brother on their computer and he can tell me what he wants to do over discord?

I'm looking for option. I'd hate for one son to be left out.

Thanks for any and all help!

Thank you everyone for your help!!

Thank you for your help!

Thread Information