5E Character Create Playlist

5E Ability Score Increase window prompt

I have am creating a race that has no subraces in which the player may chose to increase either their Strength OR Dexterity by 1 point. I somehow got the prompt window to open once but wasn't satisfied with how I wrote the description. Now it just puts a point in Dexterity lol.

The only races which I am aware off that gives you a choice of ability scores is the human variant and half-elf variant in SCAG. In both those cases the choice is two ability scores of choice. There are no races that I am aware of that give a choice between a certain selection of abilities. Therefore (and I think you asked the same question yesterday) there is no wording that you can put into the trait to have a pop up to select one or the other. The only fudge is to create two faux subraces with just ability score increases as their only trait; one of which gives a point of Intelligence and the other a point of Dexterity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    If I understand the original post correctly, SailorLovins you are designing your own class, correct?

Zacchaeus, aren’t the specializations and specialization choice fields used to make these sort of choose or mandated modifiers?

SailorLovins, have you set some specialization options in your new class definition? If you did, maybe a screen shot of them would help us help you..
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post

Zacchaeus, aren’t the specializations and specialization choice fields used to make these sort of choose or mandated modifiers?..
    That's how I would do it - hence my suggestion above.

But the OP wants to have a pop up box on the main race where he can choose to add a point to one of two different ability scores. AFAIK there's no wording which will achieve this. There is wording which will allow a choice of 1 point to two different ability scores (a la Human Variant) or for two different ability scores from 5 (a la half-elf variant in SCAG). But no wording which will choose an either/or option from specific abilities.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just posting this here since I found a way to get this working as the OP intended in FG 5e:

Your Constitution score increases by 0, and your Intelligence score increases by 0, and your Wisdom score increases by 0, and your Charisma score increases by 0, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1.

Putting the above in will give the user a choice of only Strength or Dexterity to increase by 1

Quote Originally Posted by Brewin View Post
    Just posting this here since I found a way to get this working as the OP intended in FG 5e:

Your Constitution score increases by 0, and your Intelligence score increases by 0, and your Wisdom score increases by 0, and your Charisma score increases by 0, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1.

Putting the above in will give the user a choice of only Strength or Dexterity to increase by 1
    Well done.

Thread Information