FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Some help needed with 6ed ruleset, any use with FG?

Hello

I bought the Call of Cthulhu ruleset, obviously can't use any of the buy modules with it.. Is there any use on having that or is it waste of money?
    Can you dig up any material from 6th ed that could be useful with 7th? Mostly concerning homebrews and whatnot? Or do I just get a refund...

Thanks in advance
    Cheers!
    Looking for fun group to play with. New to Fantasy Ground, familiar with playing/DMng LOTR, Warhammer and CoC. PM me!

Blog Entries
    Click on the Home Page.
    Click on Call of Cthulhu.
    Scroll down to the Call of Cthulhu 7E ruleset - for me its the last item on page 1 so I click Next page.
    Every thing from that point and on/down was written for 6E and will work with 6E and 7E.
    Everything newer than the 7E ruleset was converted for 7E only.

So, yes, the 6th edition CoC ruleset is totally usable, and has quite a few products available for it. If you prefer to play 6th edition, you can easily enter the data required to run other adventures not available as DLC.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 21st, 2019 at 16:05. Reason: Clarification on entering data
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    So, yes, the 6th edition CoC ruleset is totally usable, and has quite a few products available for it. If you prefer to play 6th edition, you can easily enter the data required to run those adventures.
    Well, I couldn't drag/drop anything to char sheets on 6e, with just the basic rulebook included. To make a homebrew for 6e I would'v had to manually write again all the guns and gear.
    Looking for fun group to play with. New to Fantasy Ground, familiar with playing/DMng LOTR, Warhammer and CoC. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Manorgate View Post
    Well, I couldn't drag/drop anything to char sheets on 6e, with just the basic rulebook included.
    Drag weapons to the weapons section of the Main tab in the PC sheet.

There's a "Using the Ruleset" library module that gives details of how to use the various screens. How to add weapons is detailed at the bottom of the "The Character Sheet" -> "Main tab" section in the library:
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Drag weapons to the weapons section of the Main tab in the PC sheet.

There's a "Using the Ruleset" library module that gives details of how to use the various screens. How to add weapons is detailed at the bottom of the "The Character Sheet" -> "Main tab" section in the library:
    Well I didn't figure that out at first so I got the 7th edition too.. Is there any use on having both and can you rip something useful from the 6th ed?
    Maybe Ill just refund that, I liked the look on the UI though better than the 7th

Well I didn't figure that out at first so I got the 7th edition too.. Is there any use on having both and can you rip something useful from the 6th ed?
    It's two different RPG systems, they're close, but there are some changes from 6th to 7th. Play the one you prefer playing, and refund the other. Or keep both if you think you might switch between the two.

Is there any use on having both and can you rip something useful from the 6th ed? ...I liked the look on the UI though better than the 7th
    The 7th ed ruleset is encrypted. So, whereas it's possible to access the 6th ed code, it would be difficult to move that over to the 7th ed ruleset. But not impossible - I'm sure the devs might help.

Hmm.. Yea. I wish I'd gotten the guns' n all to work with the 6th ed. I just wonder why they couldn't be drag dropped into investigators.
    Even the readytoplay chars didn't have any working weapons on them.

Hmm.. Yea. I wish I'd gotten the guns' n all to work with the 6th ed. I just wonder why they couldn't be drag dropped into investigators.
    They can, and do work - drag the weapons from the weapons list to the bottom half of the first tab of the PC, not to the inventory.

I mentioned this in post #5 above.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 21st, 2019 at 20:41.

Thread Information