DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Condition immunities coding

Is there any way to code in condition immunity effects? The IMMUNE effect only applies to damage types.
    You can find my work for D&D 5th Edition on the DMs Guild.

You can use IMMUNE: condition. This will pop up a message in chat if the condition is applied to the character. So for example IMMUNE: frightened will stop the frightened condition from being applied to a character.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Interesting. We tried "IMMUNE: poison, sleep" for a yuan-ti but that didn't work against the poison damage. "IMMUNE: poison, poisoned" does work just fine though. It was the "sleep" part messing it up. It appears that "sleep" is not actually a condition to resist; all the sleep effects seem to be coded as "unconscious", and all the sleep sources I know of do indeed say unconscious in their text. Is there any way to make this specific immunity? The character is not immune to unconsciousness from non-sleep sources, such as dropping to 0 hp, and that's the kind of distinction that is really hard to remember to take into account given how everything is worded.

I may as well go into something else related to this. The Drow Elite Warrior NPC has a crossbow attack that inflicts Poisoned on a failed save, and Unconscious if the target fails by 5 or more. The effect entry has both combined. These really should be separate effects. I can't just drop the combo on someone then remove Unconscious; that will kill their concentration spells. The same drow's sword attack is what led us to discover the problem with using "sleep" in the IMMUNE tag.

The effects page on the wiki should be updated to include conditions in the description for IMMUNE. Right now it only lists damage types.
    Last edited by Caelen; March 24th, 2019 at 00:19.

No, there isn't a way to just test for unconsciousness due to sleep. As you say sleep isn't a condition.

I see what you mean about the Drow warrior; I'll play around with the wording to see if I can separate that out.

I'll also see about updating the Wiki. Not sure when immunity to conditions was added but it should be updated as you say. I'll need to do some testing to see just which ones it affects just in case it's not all of them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks! :3

I was following along this thread because I was curious if I was doing something wrong with my character in FGU and the Pathfinder Ruleset. From what I can see here is the Elf Immunity to sleep spells not automatic?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    I was following along this thread because I was curious if I was doing something wrong with my character in FGU and the Pathfinder Ruleset. From what I can see here is the Elf Immunity to sleep spells not automatic?
    This thread is about 5E. In 5E their is not automation for immunity to sleep. Since I don't use the PF ruleset I have no idea if PF has this as an ability, but you should post in the PF forums for visibility from folks who know PF.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have been playing around with creating an effect called sleep and just save it in the effects tab like I did Exhaustion:1.
    Sleep; unconscious, prone. or Sleep; DISATK, GRANTADVATK: melee, GRANTDISATK: ranged... the first one would probably work best as it would also remove concentration and overall just be less cluttered.

Update: So it doesnt proc the message that the target is immune like it does for IMMUNE: prone, but Having an effect on the character that reads "IMMUNE: sleep" does at least help as a reminder that the target can not be put to sleep. I did also create an effect in the effects tab called Sleep, Unconscious. I did test it with and without the Unconscious part as well. It does apply the unconscious effect and is titled sleep to double up on the reminder factor. Unfortunately it doesnt stop the effect breaking concentration.
    Last edited by Scuba72; May 10th, 2020 at 02:47. Reason: Update

Thread Information