5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Reducing player load times

New to Fantasy Grounds.
    I will be running a game in 2 weeks and I've been studying how-to's and watching videos. Neither I nor anyone else in the game has used FG before.

I do have an issue it seems, on first load it takes a crazy amount of time approx. 15 min for clients to load everything. This is if there is one player or 4.
    Is there a way to reduce the load times, or some options I need to enable / disable?
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

The only way to reduce load time is to share less.

Once everything has been downloaded in the first session of a campaign it doesn’t need to be loaded again. Load time is very variable and apart from amount shared there are other factors such as bandwidth, quality of connection etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Only 2 ways, reduce what you share, or get a better upload speed. That said, and as Mr Z said, it only happens once (unless a player clears their cache or the GM changes the name of the campaign).

But, What I always do is before session 1 of a new campaign, I tell the players the server will be up for a few hours the day before or a=for an hour or two before regular start time. They can log in anytime while the server is up and let everything download.

There is a way to pre-stage a player cache and share if via something like Drop Box, but it's really not recommended and is more work than just starting up FG prior to session 1 and letting it handle everything.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information