Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Scottish GM looking for players

Hi there,
    I am a Scottish GM in the UK looking for players. I am new to Fantasy Grounds so it will be a learning experience for me.
    If you are looking to be more than just another wizard throwing fireballs or cleric of another anonymous god running about curing wounds by the thousand on the warriors then Mythras is for you. In Mythras you can sculpt the spells you know and develop your own unique fighting styles.

I plan on running a Harn campaign using the Mythras combat and skill rules with the Harnmaster magic system. If you have ever played Harnmaster you will likely understand why I would choose not to use its combat system.
    It has been 20 years since I last GM'd, my group has all grew up and computer RPGs took over the scene, but I am at last looking to getting back into live gaming.

As I said, I am new to Fantasy Grounds, and many of you will know that Fantasy Grounds does not support either Mythras or Harnmaster. I looked at the BRP system, but its functionality is very limited, so I decided to use the CoreRPG ruleset and I am currently inputting information into it. This will take a while and I will likely still be doing so even once I get a game up and running.

I mainly ran AD&D 1st & 2nd editions back in the day, so my experience is pretty much hack and slash, but I hope that I have grown since then and can offer a more rounded campaign.

If this interests you, then please PM me.
    Last edited by Lonarandir; April 9th, 2019 at 20:25.

For those 5e players out there who have no idea what I am talking about when mentioning Harn and Mythras, then here is a quick brief.

MYTHRAS is the most recent incarnation of a long line of similar games, descended from the venerable, yet still very well regarded RUNEQUEST and Basic Roleplaying. The core rules are straightforward and intuitive; usually, a player rolls d100 and aims to score equal to, or less than, a value (skill or passion, for instance) on his or her character sheet that represents a certain chance of success. However, the game includes many rules that add greater depth, modify results or enhance the play experience.

CHARACTER CONCEPT is where Mythras is the most different from D&D. There are no character classes, however, this does not mean that your character cannot embody a classic D&D character class. If you want to be a hardened warrior, fierce barbarian or a young naive wizard, then the skill system allows you to form your character to reflect these concepts.

The game world of Hârn is a rough, hazy, forested island about 100 miles off the northwest coast of the continent of Lythia on the edge of the Haonic Ocean. It is a wild, dangerous land, where pockets of civilization are surrounded by large tracts of wilderness. It is a land of feudal kingdoms, religious turmoil, savage monsters, noble knights, beleaguered peasants, industrious craftsmen, barbaric tribesmen, and secretive wizards. While Hârn contains unique cultures and creatures, its closest historical equivalent is 9th to 14th century Britain. Elements from this entire period may be found. The prevailing form of government in civilized Hârn is feudalism. All land is owned by the king, who then grants fiefs to trusted magnates to provide for local government and defence.

So, if you fancy yourself as an Arthur, Sigmund or Merlin, then Harn could be the place for you.

I live in Scotland, so times will be GMT, or BST (GMT+1) depending on the time of year. I will be looking to run a game once a fortnight on Friday from 19:00 to 23:00 or Saturday from 19:00 to 23:00. The weekend times will be more suitable to those of you in the States where it will be the afternoon.
    PM me for more information and I will link my campaign guides and game guides.

The first game is underway. If you are interested in joining in, PM me and let me know.
    Last edited by Lonarandir; June 10th, 2019 at 10:38.

Blog Entries
    Hi Lonarandir

There are many less Harn players than D&D players.
    If you advertise the time and day that you want to run and you perhaps do some timezone conversion (EST, CST, MST, PST, CET, JST, AEST, NZT) you will make it easier for players to see if it fits their availability.

Blog Entries
    Mythras Imperative sounds familiar. Is that a d100 system like RuneQuest?
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Still looking for players.

Give something different a go guys.

Hello again folks.

My search for players continues. So if something other than D&D 5e interests you, then PM me.

Never run a Harn or Runequest but if that not an issue I'm interested as a +1 GMT. A good group and a fine adventure beats any system :-)

Blog Entries
    I would be ''tentatively" interested. I work nights through the weekend so being in the US this would probably be an early afternoon game for me. That should work although I need to schedule my sleep sometime during the day. That and I run my own game on Wednesdays.

I last played RQ for a very short time back in the mid 80's and based on google search images I'm pretty sure it was 3rd edition, the boxed set by Avalon Hill. Having been so long ago, we are basically talking no real experience with the system so I would essentially be a noob. If Mythras retains the same basic game concepts I should be able to pick it back up fairly fast. And I love the Hârn setting.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Looking good.
    Last edited by Lonarandir; April 9th, 2019 at 20:29.

Not sure of what BST is. I'm familiar with Runequest, my favorite actually. I am interested. Been on FG for 5 years.
    Ultimate License

Thread Information