DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Chronicles of Darkness ruleset modification issues

Hello friends of the FG community!

I´ve been working for some time to try to convert the old nWoD ruleset into a layered coreRPG ruleset. All the mechanics of the old ruleset as well as the character and npc sheets are fully functional in the new ruleset with a good amount of improvements.
    The project is quite advanced now, but I´m having some issues to get some of the coreRPG standard windows to replace the old ones. One of the biggest challenges (among many others) are the standard menu windows for items, story, npcs, etc. Have you guys any trick to replace them?

I will post some pics of the new features and changes in the older post. I plan to do the ruleset both in English and Spanish.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luthbel; May 11th, 2018 at 09:24. Reason: Add image

Quote Originally Posted by Luthbel View Post
    One of the biggest challenges (among many others) are the standard menu windows for items, story, npcs, etc. Have you guys any trick to replace them?
    Is the issue that you don't see NPC records in the new CoreRPG NPC window?

If so, then check the database nodes where the NPC (and other) records are being stored. They should align with the CoreRPG data file format: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ta_File_Format
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe, thanks for your answer.
    I want to replace the old menu formats (left panel) with the new coreRPG ones (right panel) as in the attached pic. Those are 2 screenshots taken from diferent rulesets composed to illustrate the issue. It´s not a problem with formats, but with the panels (windows) themselves.
    With the FG 3.2 update (if I remember well) all the menu windows were updated to a unified layout. I want to update this ruleset as well, and keep ir "auto-updated" when coreRPG is updated as other coreRPG-based rulesets.

If the CoreRPG ruleset has the campaign data entries you want, then just keep those. Don’t include, or overwrite with, the original ruleset windowclasses.

If you are layering on top of CoreRPG you automatically get everything in CoreRPG - unless your ruleset overrides what CoreRPG does.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My recommendation would be - when building on top of CoreRPG, slowly add each component from your new ruleset where you want that new component included. Don’t put in everything from the old ruleset and then attempt to remove the things you don't want to overwrite stuff from CoreRPG - otherwise you’ll probably end up with a ruleset that works in CoreRPG but is not using as much of CoreRPG as it should or as much as you want.

Thanks Trenloe.

Sadly, I did just the opposite you´re suggesting me. Finally, I managed to clean it up, as well as the sidebar buttons and hide/show functionality by finding absolutelly all "desktop" references, and cleaning up the files and/or code. The first attempt removed the dice mechanics from the chat, so I needed to roll back and do it more carefully. I´ve only lost the willpower/health checkboxes in the combat tracker in the process, but I feel more confident to re-place that than the dice mechanics . Again, thanks, because you pushed me in the right direction.

Except for the combat tracker issue (and some bugs to fix here and there), the ruleset is fully operational now, including all the old nWoD functions and several new ones I´ve been implementing and modifying.

The next target is to implement the supernatural templates to also work with the new NPC character sheet.

screenshot0178.jpg
    screenshot0181.png
    screenshot0180.png

Quote Originally Posted by Luthbel View Post
    Except for the combat tracker issue (and some bugs to fix here and there), the ruleset is fully operational now, including all the old nWoD functions and several new ones I´ve been implementing and modifying.
    Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nice one!
    Thanks for your help.
    I´ve post a status update here with some pics, and all the changes I made:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ly-nWoD)/page5
    Cheers!

Thread Information