FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Paranoia kick starter Oct. 24th, 2014

Let me start with a simple "HI"! This is my first post!

I've been playing P&P RPGs off and on for quite a few years... Ok.. More off than on.

My daughter loaded FG on my computer a while back and she and her friends play on it once a week. Well, it brought back a bit of nostalgia for me!

I noticed there is no PARANOIA available (well, there WAS one, but I think the wiki it was on was "unofficial", so therefore communist, and troubleshooters were sent in and destroyed the threat), so a few days ago I started making one based on the 25th Anniversary Edition. (It's no-where near ready!)

I just thought I'd bring news from the Mongoose Publishing Website that a new version of PARANOIA is being kickstarted on Friday, October 24th, 2014.

It seems they have updated everything, including adding terrorists!

From the Mongoose forums:

Here within the bowels of Alpha Complex, every loyal Troubleshooter is on alert.

This Friday (24th), at 9:30am GMT, the Kickstarter project for an entirely new rebooted Paranoia goes live.

Presented in a box set jam-packed full of goodies and penned by a crack team of World Famous Games Designers headed by James Wallis, the new Paranoia offers a thoroughly modern roleplaying experience;

* Streamlined, simple rules with new card play that allows maximum carnage while allowing you to concentrate on the action (and survival).
    * A 21st Century approach to Alpha Complex - Commies are still present but terrorists are the greater threat, and the Computer's surveillance capabilities are truly awe-inspiring and extensive.
    * The principle designer is James Wallis, the most celebrated designer of story-telling games (the Computer says so), assisted by original designers Eric Goldberg and Greg Costikyan, and Violet-level high Programmers-to-be, Grant Howitt and Paul Dean.

Stay tuned for links to the Kickstarter page as soon as it goes live Friday morning!
    https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/paranoia.html

I have fond memories of West End's Paranoia. It will be interesting to see what this version is like.

Blog Entries
    communists and terrorists are welcome here - who else can we use as target practice?
    so do yourself a favour and make sure your new ruleset is a CoreRPG ruleset - it will save you oodles of coding and make it far easier to support...

Love Paranoia, but not sure about a 2010's reboot with current themes. Even its first edition was already retro, not sure it's a good idea to lose that…

I'll check the Kickstarter, but with caution…

Blog Entries
    Ive just about finished a Paranoia theme...
    Having never played the game - anyone available to give me a run don of the game, its core mechanics and what is needed for the Character Sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ive just about finished a Paranoia theme...
    Having never played the game - anyone available to give me a run don of the game, its core mechanics and what is needed for the Character Sheet?
    Damned, Did you ever get any feedback on this?

Blog Entries
    Not a lot but I did progress the ruleset further before putting it back in line:

Im *nearly* finsihed with Maesltrom and then I have a module conversion to complete and then Im going back to this... Maybe middle of the year - im not real good at this!

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

@damned, did you ever end up completing this. I would love to run a campaign with my party, but I have no clue how to put something of this magnitude together on FG without help.

Thank you for all your work on this in general btw, it looks great.

Not to speak for Damned, but I had been interacting with him regarding Paranoia. At this point, I think he had to start from scratch basically. I haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks, but then again Damned runs a few games in real life and has many other projects he is involved in.

That's unfortunate, but I understand people get busy and especially if he's running several games on top of just doing life things. I was just curious. thanks

Thread Information