5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Chat - Auto combine lines (i.e., remove new lines) when pasting from PDF, etc.

Do this instead of using this extension:
    Paste the text in the chat, then <ctrl><a> to select all, then <ctrl><j> and lines are combined

----

Attached extension to automatically combine lines when pasting to chat window using new chat command /nnl (for "No New Lines"). Great for pasting text from a PDF.

In the chat window, type "/nnl " and paste your text with multiple lines. It replaces new line characters with a space.

example.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valeros; March 11th, 2019 at 05:01.

Also, is there an easier way to do this without using an extension? It was fun to create the extension, but maybe not even needed if there is a better way. Thanks

I believe that you can use Control+J to force lines to be combined. It works in text fields and formatted text fields; so i think it should work in chat entry field too.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks, I just tried and you can do that. Paste the text in the chat, then <ctrl><a> to select all, then <ctrl><j> and lines are combined.

I guess I should have asked first before creating the extension. Still a good learning experience though.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I believe that you can use Control+J to force lines to be combined. It works in text fields and formatted text fields; so i think it should work in chat entry field too.

Regards,
    JPG
    Wow, thank you both This is exactly what I needed, I always formatted it by hand since I didn't know that there is a hotkey for it Didn't see it in the hotkeys for the text stuff

Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    Also, is there an easier way to do this without using an extension? It was fun to create the extension, but maybe not even needed if there is a better way. Thanks
    I generally paste from pdf into notepad++ and do al the reformatting there before copy pasting that into my stories. This would be if I wanted it all nice and neat with no double spaces and weird character combinations. If I don’t want it pretty I just copy into story and do ctrl+j to get rid of the excess line bepreaks.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

FYI - the hotkeys available in a formatted text field are listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ed_Text_Fields
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    FYI - the hotkeys available in a formatted text field are listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ed_Text_Fields
    Aaah, thank you I somehow didn't see that

Thread Information