Though this is in the CoreRPG, it propagates to the overlying rulesets; I found it while working with 5E.

When the DM (host instance) adds a new group (a.k.a. category) to a data recordset in one of the libraries there is code that tries to set focus to the new group in the list box. The attempt to set focus is failing.

The offending code is in the handleCategoryAdd() function in rulesets/CoreRPG/campaign/masterindex_window.lua, highlighted here in red:
Code:
function handleCategoryAdd()
  local aMappings = LibraryData.getMappings(sInternalRecordType);
  local sNew = DB.addChildCategory(aMappings[1]);
  list_category.applySort(true);
  for _,w in ipairs(list_category.getWindows()) do
    if w.category.getValue() == sNew then
      w.category_label.setFocus();
      break;
    end
  end
end
To help with understanding my textual description of the issue here is an annotated excerpt from a couple screenshots. The left portion is a before adding the new Group. On the right is an after view. To set it up I added the "Z New Group" and "T New Group" first. I chose these silly names to test the applySort() in the above code. Then I took the screenshots while in the process of adding a third group.
Untitled.png

I find it interesting that the applySort() seems to work fine. But the for loop to find the newly created "Group 1" fails. I placed a Debug.console() in the for loop to look at the index value, the operand (w), and the value of sNew. For some reason the subwindow "Group 1" of the list is never iterated.