DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Indeed the first thing to check is whether an extension is the problem. Try in a new campaign without extensions.

Also you can run a second instance on a Mac. I believe you would need to install a second demo client to do so however.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've encountered this problem as well, but I'm a player rather than the dm. I don't know how to test it, because it's happened on different servers. It's only some of the images, and I appear to be the only player to be experiencing this issue on each table. Waiting for the image to load doesn't seem to do anything - some of these are world/regional maps, and I attempt to reference them multiple times during the session with no change. I can see tokens and pointers, but the image itself is completely gray. Once it was partially and temporarily fixed when the dm restarted the server, but it happened again later in the session with a different image (not a map this time). What can I, as a player, do to figure out if it's an extension causing the problem or an actual bug? With it occurring on three different servers with three different host computers, it doesn't make sense to me.

I can attempt to post a screenshot if that might help diagnose the problem, or at least make it clear what I'm talking about.

Good evening! This is more for the benefit of the "Ones in the know" than an answer anyone's specific problem, but my players experienced a similar problem a couple of weeks ago, and I believe I figured out the cause (and fix) for our specific problem. If it doesn't specifically help here, it might help in the future.

At the end of one play session, players were in the middle of a small dungeon. Between that session and the next, I made some changes to the map in CC3+ (extinguished some torches, moved some furniture etc.) . At the next session, players couldn't load up the map, and could only see a token or two in a sea of white (or grey). Through some troubleshooting, I figured that I had exported the map from CC3+ with the exact same filename (just copied over the previous file in the images folder), but at a different resolution. I surmise that FG had saved the "state" of the encounter in the db.xml and was having trouble reconciling THAT information with the resolution of the new map - causing problems when the players tried to view the map.

My solution was to simply rename the new map with a slightly different name, and then share that one with the players. Tokens had to be re-placed on the new map, but that's much preferable to staring at an map that won't load for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Good evening! This is more for the benefit of the "Ones in the know" than an answer anyone's specific problem, but my players experienced a similar problem a couple of weeks ago, and I believe I figured out the cause (and fix) for our specific problem. If it doesn't specifically help here, it might help in the future.

At the end of one play session, players were in the middle of a small dungeon. Between that session and the next, I made some changes to the map in CC3+ (extinguished some torches, moved some furniture etc.) . At the next session, players couldn't load up the map, and could only see a token or two in a sea of white (or grey). Through some troubleshooting, I figured that I had exported the map from CC3+ with the exact same filename (just copied over the previous file in the images folder), but at a different resolution. I surmise that FG had saved the "state" of the encounter in the db.xml and was having trouble reconciling THAT information with the resolution of the new map - causing problems when the players tried to view the map.

My solution was to simply rename the new map with a slightly different name, and then share that one with the players. Tokens had to be re-placed on the new map, but that's much preferable to staring at an map that won't load for hours.
    Thank you! This was the exact situation we ran into and your workaround was great. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirv View Post
    Thank you! This was the exact situation we ran into and your workaround was great. Thanks for the help!
    Glad to be of service!

Thread Information