DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Maps showing up gray

During my sessions my players will not that the main world will turn gray (background of the map window) with only pins showing. I reshare the maps and nothing seems to fix it.

Blog Entries
    How large are the maps? Usually that only happens if the map hasn't finished downloading or if the cache is corrupted. Or if you have applied a mask to the image and have not removed parts of it.

Does this happen with a "small map? i.e. something like a 1000x1000px and 500kb. Does it repeat on a small map if the player clears their cache? On a small map in a new campaign with NO extensions?

Can you and a player share a screen shot?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

How would a player clear their cache? The map is 411kb in jpg. 964BFF0A-1CB3-47EE-B553-F7128B64FFFF.jpeg

Do you have a mask on the map? If so, have you revealed any part of the mask for players to see?

Regards,
    JPG

No mask. Just the world map with pins

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Davinci522 View Post
    How would a player clear their cache? The map is 411kb in jpg.
    Near the upper right right corner on the Join Game screen is a nuclear icon/button.
    And Damned's question on filename

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Paneal.jpg, I’ll have them try it and see if it helps

If you join your own game on your own computer (start FG again and this time Join your own game as a player using the address 127.0.0.1). If you can see the map fine as a player on your own computer; it must mean your players are still downloading the map. Now the map isn't very large so only other thing is; You aren't running a game for 10 players or anything? If you are. (apart from how do you run a game for 10 players and not strip off you clothes and run around naked shouting "Im a tea pot!", "Im a Tea pot!" Due to stress).This could be slowing down the upload to them. Also are you streaming?
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I’m on a Mac so (as far as I know) I can’t start a second instance to join my own game, I’ve tried in the past and couldn’t figure out how. I’m only running a game for four players. I am not streaming. I turned off some QoL extensions and that seemed to help.

Thread Information