STAR TREK 2d20

Massive Damage: System Shock

Hi Guys.

I have successfully modified the manager_action_save.lua file and successfully debugged the issues I was having. (Mainly ending elseif statements in the wrong place and forgetting formatting)

The only problem is... FG is not reading from that file.
    The modifications call for a d20 roll instead of a d10 and should have effects applied automatically.
    Instead the application defaults to its standard behavior after the file has been modified and inserted back into the .pak file.

Whenever system shock damage is called for the standard d10 and options are performed.
    This is infuriating me!

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Another thought is, should I have just made this an .ext file instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Jager View Post
    Another thought is, should I have just made this an .ext file instead?
    Yes
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Can you override just a single function in a LUA file in that way?

I don't know, but what I can say is that anything like this should be done as an extension rather than changing the ruleset directly otherwise you'll miss out on updates.

I suspect that you'll have to do more than just update a single function anyway.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zacchaeus is right in regards to updates, whenever FG updates, you would have to modify the manager_action_save.lua file.

If you must change a function in one of the manager_xxx.lua files then you are changing a high level file and there will be some maintenance on your part over time to keep it working as FG updates. Probably not a lot, but it's worth mentioning.

Wrapping your changes in an extension is a better practice than replacing the function for each FG update.

I am curious if anyone has found a solution to this... making a custom extension to augment or change the standard System Shock (heavy damage) roll.

Thread Information