DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New Player to FG

Hey everyone, I'm Gary and just this minute registered for FG, I know this is probably not what any of you seasoned players want to hear but I am a total noob to FG.

I want to start playing but do not know anyone who wants to play this sort of game with me, am I going to struggle finding games I can join as a new player?

Where do I start, as now I have downloaded the interface, I am more than a little baffled by it all lol

If you are looking for some help, I'd suggest you check out the Fantasy Grounds College. Its a group that focuses on teaching people how to use Fantasy Grounds made of volunteers from around the world. They teach classes on character creation, how to run combat, how to DM with FG, and even host some one-shots for people to try out and get some experience. Best of all, the whole thing is free. Just get your free FG demo installed and you can get learning.

Most of the people hang out on discord at https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw You can ask questions and take classes there.
    The class schedules and one-shots are posted on the website here https://fantasygroundscollege.net/
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

That's just what I need so thank you very much mattekure. I will head over now and check it all out

Quote Originally Posted by Gazsta View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm Gary and just this minute registered for FG, I know this is probably not what any of you seasoned players want to hear but I am a total noob to FG.

I want to start playing but do not know anyone who wants to play this sort of game with me, am I going to struggle finding games I can join as a new player?

Where do I start, as now I have downloaded the interface, I am more than a little baffled by it all lol
    Also, we love new players here, feel free to ask questions there's lots of people who will help. And if you look in the advertisements for games many are marked as friendly for new players.

Gazsta I am new as well as I just signed up today. I have played D&D off and on for many years. I have watched many videos on FG and how to use it and I am excited to try it out. Thank you mattekure and GavinRuneblade for your responses to Gazsta's post as this helped me out as well.

Hey Crawling Chaos, good to see I'm not the only new one here, I am currently going through the video's now

Gazsta let me know if you want to try and get something going in the future, even if it's just to go over things to learn to run FG better. I have a discord channel and/or can do a different format if you want. I am free mostly during the week in the evening time (CST).

Thread Information